New Manchester member - Looking to build a Kegerator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawlt

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been brewing on and off for many years, nothing too complicated just dabbling with a few brew kits and the occasional batch of wine. I have decided recently to up the game a little and ended up buying a spiritworks boiler and a few other bits. I am now looking to build a kegerator and make a batch of IPA. I have bought 2x 19l AEB kegs, a couple of taps and a tower and now embarking on a hunt for a fridge to accommodate.

This is the brew I have on at the minute:
americanipa.jpg

(I had no idea where to start when looking at brewing from a recipe so opted for this kit to get me back into it, and then hopefully I will be able to find some advice on here regarding a simple starter recipe maybe)

Great another Northerner!

(There's a load of southern Jessies on here - but don't tell anyone that it as me that told you)

Hello from Cheshire

Most people's go-to recipe book is by Greg Hughes Home Brew Beer: Amazon.co.uk: Hughes, Greg: 9781409331766: Books

Graham Wheeler's book is also good but focusses mostly on British type beers Brew Your Own British Real Ale (Camra): Amazon.co.uk: Graham Wheeler: 9781852492588: Books

Or

https://www.brewersfriend.com/search/
That should keep you going :hat:

These will all introduce you to different malts, hops and yeasts - and that is where it becomes confusing! - so just ask

Good luck

Back