New member - dont like bubbles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halfram

Reaction score
Hi.
Thanks for the welcome.
Using kits and king kegs at present but much prefer a flat beer and have used bag in a box before.
Would like to look for an alternative to Bag in a Box or King Kegs but dont know whats available???

Flat beer? Is that live, but non-pressurised beer like cask ale or dead, flat beer?
Not having a laugh here, I prefer totally still (flat) west country cider, but I can't imagine wanting my beer like that.
Welcome to the forum.
Can't really think of an alternative, as soon as beer goes flat it begins to stale, in my experience.

Cask ale, pref straight from the cask.
You need some kind of cask breather to let the beer out but not let air in. One member @CD (use search) designed his noddy system so he could finish the fermentation in a plastic pressure barrel and the CO2 would be collected in a balloon which (the CO2) then refilled the space when the beer was drawn off. A little searching on this form will pay dividendds.

The system is so called because they were plastic balloons with a picture of Noddy on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that, very comprehensive discussion and seems very involved. Think bag in a box / polypin might be best route for me but a little less priming than previously!

Back