New member here (kind of, after 6 years)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halleyelec

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi and that I will be around here more often as I have got the bug for homebrewing back (probably thanks to you know what and being bored in the house!)

Had a go at making a Malbec in 2014 and always wanted to try my hand at some different types of beer so invested in some more beginners kit and learning as I go.......

So to start, and don't judge, I am trying a Wilko Mexican Cerveza. I'm currently 10 days into the process and just waiting on some bottles to arrive to transfer most of it and have a cunning plan to transfer a couple of litres into sub torps for that perfect pour.

What would you lot suggest I make next? I do have another Mexican Cerveza knocking about....should I tweak to get a higher ABV than 4% or can you offer any suggestions?

Cheers

Anthony

So to start, and don't judge, I am trying a Wilko Mexican Cerveza.

Welcome Anthony! You'll not likely be judged round here. There are many different ways of doing things, and differing preference on beers. If you enjoy what you do and like what you brew (or at least learn what you like and don't like), then all is good.
I'd suggest trying out a two-can premium kit. I started with a 1-can, which was nice, but in my albiet limited experience, the premium kits are that bit nicer. What sort of beers do you like?

Hi Banbeer...

I probably only dip my toe in, if I am honest but aside from lagers I dream of one day having another Wobbly Bob beer from Phoenix Brewery - would love to recreate this!

I enjoy a Leffe, Duval, Franziskaner weissbier...IPA's....anything really.

Mmmm, 2014 Malbec sounds really good. Welcome and bring a bottle.:smallcheers:

It was for a first attempt! I can still remember a colleague in work complaining about terrible yeast farts but no one else had them! Unfortunately it got drank in a couple of months - but now Im thinking maybe another is due....

If you like an IPA then may I suggest the Mangrove Jacks Craft kits, Juicy Session IPA or Single Hop IPA, their lager is quite good as well. Happy brewing.

Back