New member introduction…..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonlightweb

Reaction score
Hi. I’m Rob. Been AG brewing for about 18 months now so still a newbie with lots of questions. Lots of good information out there on the web and here, but not always specific to what I’m looking for. So please bear with me if some of my questions are a bit ‘out there’. Come from a process engineering background so I do tend to overthink the little details. My next post may demonstrate that 😀.

cheers Rob

Thanks Baron, just sitting here slurping a saaz larger / pilsner type thing I brewed a few weeks ago thinking about all the questions I need to ask 😀

Many thanks. But, Oh, I don’t know about that :-) . Yes it’s mostly been successful but my recent attempt at a NEIPA has been a disaster. Probably more on that later……

Many thanks. But, Oh, I don’t know about that :-) . Yes it’s mostly been successful but my recent attempt at a NEIPA has been a disaster. Probably more on that later……
Welcome to the forum!

I bet you tried to bottle it. Bottled NEIPAs are doomed to eventual failure.

Nope :-) closed transfer from fermzilla to full co2 flushed corny keg (no rinse sanitizer pushed out with co2). Even flushed the transfer lines with co2 before starting. No, hop burn is the problem. Smells amazing but tastes like battery acid…..

If you're not using the floating dip tube, you'll be picking up the hop detritus from the bottom first.
I bet the subsequent pints are fine.

Nope again :-) left it cold conditioning at 0c for 2 weeks, pulled off a few pints, transferred to another flushed corny keg, left for a week at zero again. Still bitter. Thinking I’ll try a different recipe. It was an AG Neipa from brupaks but I’m thinking their dry hopping with pellets is a bit harsh. Usually work to recipes rather than kits but as it was my first Neipa I thought I’d try a kit.

Just looked for this book and see there’s a 2013 edition and a newer one. Older one is £3 on Amazon and the newer is £13. is the Neipa recipe mentioned in both editions?

This is the version I have...
IMG_20220520_121542906.jpg

Back