New Member saying hello!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning all,

Just registered, having found the forum via a google search. Very glad to be here, I'm new to homebrew (4 so far). This is a great forum, I've already found answers to some of my incompetence questions and look forward to hopefully contributing something useful in the future.

David

Good morning all,

Just registered, having found the forum via a google search. Very glad to be here, I'm new to homebrew (4 so far). This is a great forum, I've already found answers to some of my incompetence questions and look forward to hopefully contributing something useful in the future.

David
Welcome!! 🍺🍺

Good morning all,

David
Welcome o David
I have also recently joined I have brewed once and got another on the go my previous posts explain all about the problems I have encountered

Thank you all, very kind.

Welcome David. What have you brewed so far and what have you got planned?

So far:

1) Youngs American IPA (came in the microbrewery kit) - Put too little water in, left it in the primary too long, put it in the pressure barrel, then started drinking it too early :laugh8: It was not clear but boy, was it strong 😲😲 I then took the lid off when it started to glug. Oops! Managed to finish it all though, them's the rules ;)

2) Festival Old Suffolk Strong Ale - Bottled it and it's OK and has improved in it's 4 weeks. So so that one.

3) Mangrove Jacks Raspberry Berliner Weisse - bottled again. Tasted incredibly sour after a week, but 2 weeks later it's quite nice, but not really my thing, son chose it.

4) John Bull Best Bitter - Oh yes, it raced through the primary fermentation and matured nicely in the pressure barrel I think. It's crystal clear and I really like it. Lots of trouble keeping the pressure in the barrel, fixed thanks to my search here. Would do this again or one similar if any recommendations?

Got a St Peters's Cream Stout to do, looking forward to that one.

Welcome o David
I have also recently joined I have brewed once and got another on the go my previous posts explain all about the problems I have encountered

Thank you, I'll have a read athumb..

Thank you all, very kind.

So far:

1) Youngs American IPA (came in the microbrewery kit) - Put too little water in, left it in the primary too long, put it in the pressure barrel, then started drinking it too early :laugh8: It was not clear but boy, was it strong 😲😲 I then took the lid off when it started to glug. Oops! Managed to finish it all though, them's the rules ;)

2) Festival Old Suffolk Strong Ale - Bottled it and it's OK and has improved in it's 4 weeks. So so that one.

3) Mangrove Jacks Raspberry Berliner Weisse - bottled again. Tasted incredibly sour after a week, but 2 weeks later it's quite nice, but not really my thing, son chose it.

4) John Bull Best Bitter - Oh yes, it raced through the primary fermentation and matured nicely in the pressure barrel I think. It's crystal clear and I really like it. Lots of trouble keeping the pressure in the barrel, fixed thanks to my search here. Would do this again or one similar if any recommendations?

Got a St Peters's Cream Stout to do, looking forward to that one.

Thank you, I'll have a read athumb..
Welcome. The Old Suffolk definitely improves with age as will your St Peters cream stout.

Back