New Member - UK (Hayling Island)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 50L BM should quench your thirst. I'm planning on running both my old 20L and my new 50L at the same time, to show how easy it is to make wort on a BM. I'll be painting a landscape watercolour after pressing 'start' for the mashes. To be honest, owing to their sporadic supply, despite apparent demand, you could probably resale a BrewTools system without incurring much loss.
I think I will use it at least a few times before deciding....lol; I went all in and dropped 4K on the lot !!!!

welc
Hi all,

Thought I would introduce myself. I'm fairly new to home brewing, with just 11 all grain batches to my name (and 2 of them made the drain). Recently just upgraded the kit to a BrewTools B80 Pro but will still keep my trusty BIAB system. Really enjoying building the brewery and learning lots of new stuff each day.

Nice to meet you all.

Stew
welcome, i'm across the harbour in West Wittering. Can you lift the grain basket out on your own ?

Hi all,

Thought I would introduce myself. I'm fairly new to home brewing, with just 11 all grain batches to my name (and 2 of them made the drain). Recently just upgraded the kit to a BrewTools B80 Pro but will still keep my trusty BIAB system. Really enjoying building the brewery and learning lots of new stuff each day.

Nice to meet you all.

Stew
Welcome to the forum and happy brewing. I am always up for beer swaps once you get going.

Welcome to the forum! When I was young I used to go to Haven Holidays on Hayling Island, I think it got bought by another company, last time I went was 2001 though.

I think it's better to get an expensive system early on, and something like the Brewtools will hopefully last you a lifetime. The system cost is spread over more batches making it more economical in the long run. For a lot of people they're not sure if it's a hobby they really want to get into after a few batches though.

I don't play tennis of any description; why do you ask?
Ha! There’s a very niche form of tennis called ‘real tennis’. It is the sport which lawn tennis developed from, and was played by King Henry VIII (amongst others). There are only around fifty courts remaining in the world, one of which happens to be on Hayling Island, which is why I went there. Most courts will be very happy to offer you a free session where you can watch and play a game with a professional coach to see if you like it. You should check it out, it’s a really interesting sport, even if you only do the taster session. I happen to loathe lawn tennis but real tennis is great fun!

Ha! There’s a very niche form of tennis called ‘real tennis’. It is the sport which lawn tennis developed from, and was played by King Henry VIII (amongst others). There are only around fifty courts remaining in the world, one of which happens to be on Hayling Island, which is why I went there. Most courts will be very happy to offer you a free session where you can watch and play a game with a professional coach to see if you like it. You should check it out, it’s a really interesting sport, even if you only do the taster session. I happen to loathe lawn tennis but real tennis is great fun!
Well you learn something every day - lol. Being of a generous portion physically (some +25 Stone), I fear that my Tennis Days are behind me my friend :)

Welcome to the forum 😄.
Good luck with your brewing system, I am not familiar with thuds kit so will spend many a happy hour researching it 😎👍.
I remember Hayling Island from attending a work course on overhead electricity supply at the Sinah Warren holiday park. It sticks in my memory because one of the know it all attendees chopped their fingers off adjusting a chainsaw blade without switching it off first. ****.
And on that note good luck with your brewing 🍺🍺🍺

How did you fix the hoist? I like the look of this system but brew solo so would need a hoist but my garage is concrete panels/beams and don't fancy attracting it the that.

How did you fix the hoist? I like the look of this system but brew solo so would need a hoist but my garage is concrete panels/beams and don't fancy attracting it the that.
Hi - I have attached my hoist to the garage beams and for the smaller brews (23 Litre into Fermenter) I am happy that the joists will take the 20 KG to 35 KG weight, it is the double batches I am concerned about. However, as I split my Garage in half (or rather from 6 meters long to 4+2 meters), I placed and additional stud wall to separate them both. Therefore I can take the advantage of doubling up on 2 joists the hoist rests upon without tying to the roof. Just rest them on the new wall I built and the supporting wall of the garage (roof). They can easily take the strain of circa 80 KG weight on a full batch.

Latest posts

Back