New Pump - Best Hose Fittings?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joetp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've just ordered a pump off Aliexpress to hopefully boost my brewing game. Recirculate the mash, whirlpool, maybe get a hopback... But I'm not sure what fittings to get for the tubing. To anyone that has a similar pump, I was wondering what the consensus is. Are hose barbs with clips okay or are camlocks/quick disconnects an absolute necessity?

Thanks!

Joe

i went for cam locks just because my whole system has to be broken down and put away after every use. if yours can be left set up go for barbs.
if you have to break it down theres cam locks or snap connections, snaps are better as ther dont accidently come apart, cam locks are okay but there is always a risk of undoing tham as you work with the kit.

Quick disconnects are worth the investment for the reason above. Hoses are quickly removed and chucked in a bucket to soak.

Thanks for the feedback! I thought as much, but wanted to make sure as the quick disconnects are quite pricey. I managed to find a quick disconnect kit on Aliexpress that is quite good value. The Aliexpress shop sell quite a lot of decently priced stuff too, so this might spiral whilst I'm at it hahaha!

They also sell filters that can convert to Hopback randalls... This could be dangerous :D

Cheers again!

Well, not great... It's not turned up yet from Aliexpress! There was some issue and it seems to be stuck somewhere in transit. Looking like I'll be chasing a refund.

Back