New range of kits from Muntons arriving in the spring

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's some really exciting stuff coming over from those guys soon once production is ramped up on the new Thermenter King Glycol Chiller.

Cold crashing in a Fermenter King will soon be possible and my back of the fag packet maths says the first units over should retail for around £275 making "real" lagers more affordable for the home brewer. Ferment and serve in a temperature controlled true pressure vessel without ever having to transfer to anywhere other than a glass, it's the future.
Wow
When are they are there way
Need

My WC ipa has been in the fermenter for 12 days now @20*C and it’s still bubbling away. I opened it up to put the hops in and there’s still Krausen on top. I’ve never had this happen with any of my brews to date. I still put the hops in but I was wondering if this happens a lot? Have I managed to ‘crack’ this brewing lark at last?

My WC ipa has been in the fermenter for 12 days now @20*C and it’s still bubbling away. I opened it up to put the hops in and there’s still Krausen on top. I’ve never had this happen with any of my brews to date. I still put the hops in but I was wondering if this happens a lot? Have I managed to ‘crack’ this brewing lark at last?
With the west coast kit the yeast is a S,05 and exactly the same happened when I brewed the kit a few weeks ago, but I use S,05 yeast a lot and seems to be a particular trait with this yeast and have had this happen a few times in the past, so nothing to worry about it will be fine, just give it more time and take hydrometer readings after 14 days and make the readings stay the same for three consecutive days then your good to bottle or what ever you you do to package. Mine will have been bottled for two weeks this coming Sunday then I will put somewhere cooler for another two weeks then I will getting amongst it , actually tasted one today , still very green but very hoppy and very promising 👍🍻

My West Coast IPA has turned out great. Brewed 2lts longer than instructions and still ended up at 6.9%.
Brewed the Hazy IPA yesterday, but switched the yeast for verdant. 1st lot of hops went in today. Interesting to see what the gravity finishes at. OG was 1.059

My West Coast IPA has turned out great. Brewed 2lts longer than instructions and still ended up at 6.9%.
Brewed the Hazy IPA yesterday, but switched the yeast for verdant. 1st lot of hops went in today. Interesting to see what the gravity finishes at. OG was 1.059
my hazy IPA was bottled two weeks ago this coming Saturday and have been dying to try one so shoved one in the fridge yesterday morning before work, had it last night and wow it was stunning the best beer I’ve ever tasted from a kit the verdant yeast really does make the hops sing , god knows how good it will be in a few more weeks , and just in case it don’t last to long have ordered another 😜 going to keep a rolling stock of this stuff for sure, you definitely won’t be disappointed 👍🍻

Took a hydrometer reading of my West Coast yesterday and the calculator gives me a ABV of 7.88%! It's still bubbling away in the FV. I might bring it up to 22 litres, from 20, when I batch prime. Make it a bit tamer. 😂

Very interested to see how this turns out as tempted to do the same

Only since July 20th, at 20c so not too worried. It'll be done by the weekend I think.
Took a hydrometer reading of my West Coast yesterday and the calculator gives me a ABV of 7.88%! It's still bubbling away in the FV. I might bring it up to 22 litres, from 20, when I batch prime. Make it a bit tamer. 😂
what was your OG then mate and what is it reading at the mome?

1.064 & 1.004
Wow don’t blame you for wanting to tame her down a bit 😬 i thought pretty much the same when I brewed mine so I used twenty one litres from the outset which gave me an OG 1.056 and FG of 1.002 that came in at 6,83%which is plenty strong enough for me . Bottled my with 99 grams of dextrose , temperature of beer when bottled was 19c to give two volumes and has worked out just right with no gushers tastes lovey already will be putting in in the shed this coming Sunday,
look forward to getting stuck in to this in a few more weeks but not to stuck in if you know what I mean 😵‍💫😂

I should be bottling today or tomorrow. I'll follow your lead on the 99g of dextrose. I'll do a fg reading and decide whether to add a couple of litres of bottled water. 😁 Then onto the next one!
Well if it drops to 1,002 like mine did that means you would have a FG 8.14%bloody hell mate that would be sipper for sure 😵‍💫😵‍💫

Just read this thread which started almost a year ago! The only kit brewing I do is Cwtch because it’s soo good and also made by Muntons as you know. Just going to order the hazy and the west coast and throw my grainfather in the loft till next year because these will see me out of 2021 with what’s left in the garage. Looking forward to trying them I’ve got great expectations 👍🏼

Bottled the West Coast yesterday. It had gone to 1.002 so over 8% 😯 I made a bit of a balls up towards the end of the transfer to the bottling/priming bucket and lost a couple of litres. So I topped up with boiled and cooled water. Didn't take another FG reading as I presume the priming sugar would affect it?
Lovely light colour and smells and tastes fantastic 😁

Bottled the West Coast yesterday. It had gone to 1.002 so over 8% 😯 I made a bit of a balls up towards the end of the transfer to the bottling/priming bucket and lost a couple of litres. So I topped up with boiled and cooled water. Didn't take another FG reading as I presume the priming sugar would affect it?
Lovely light colour and smells and tastes fantastic 😁
Did you follow the dry hop schedule in the instructions or did you wait till final gravity to dry hop?

Latest posts

Back