New range of kits from Muntons arriving in the spring

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostShip

Reaction score
I was contacted recently by Muntons to see if I would be prepared to brew one of their new kits that are due to be launched in spring 2021. I agreed and will be starting the brew this weekend and then supplying feedback to Muntons.

All of the new kits are 2 x can malt extract kits, with yeast and hops, and Muntons describe them as 'kits with modern flavours and styles'. The range is as follows;

American Pale Ale – 4.5% ABV
West Coast IPA – 6.5% ABV
American Amber Ale 4.5% ABV
New England IPA – 5% ABV
Milk Stout – 4% ABV

I have the New England IPA to do and first impressions are very favourable - more hops than I've ever seen in a kit before!

(For the avoidance of any doubt, I asked permission from Muntons to post this information on the forum and they were very happy for me to do so).

I'm really surprised to see a neipa in there - that's what I'd have choosen for sure. How many grams of hops do you reckon? And is the yeast packet an upgrade from the little silver packets of yore?

I'm really surprised to see a neipa in there - that's what I'd have choosen for sure. How many grams of hops do you reckon? And is the yeast packet an upgrade from the little silver packets of yore?

Yeast is Safale S-04. Hops are 60g of Mosaic and 60g of Citra (2 x 30g bags of each) - to be added at different stages of the process.

Hi @GhostShip I'm part of this too! I think we will be swapping bottles in due course?

Muntons are sending me their new milk stout - I haven't received it yet.

When did yours arrive?

CHeers

MArtin

Hi mate - received my kit about 9 days ago. Haven’t had a chance to start it off yet, but will do so this weekend.

They can send me one if they like...

The haven't sent me one either and I've brewed many of their kits in the past. What to you have to do to become a tester? 😁

I'm suspecting the NEIPA is a bit like the Tiny Rebel Cwtch kit also made by Muntons, i.e. half the hops in boiling water at the start, the other half as a dry hop addition at the end?

Also on the subject of which wasn't there supposed to be another Tiny Rebel kit coming out?

The news kits do sound interesting BTW so keep us posted 👍

The haven't sent me one either and I've brewed many of their kits in the past. What to you have to do to become a tester? 😁

I'm suspecting the NEIPA is a bit like the Tiny Rebel Cwtch kit also made by Muntons, i.e. half the hops in boiling water at the start, the other half as a dry hop addition at the end?

Also on the subject of which wasn't there supposed to be another Tiny Rebel kit coming out?

The news kits do sound interesting BTW so keep us posted 👍

Muntons put a post on here last year regarding an open day for home brewers. As Stowmarket is not too far from me, I registered to attend. Unfortunately, covid then came along and the whole thing was scrapped but they obviously had details on record and must have asked those people for the help with the new kits.

Half of the hops in the NEIPA do go in one day after starting the kit off, but they are just chucked into the FV. The other half go in 10 days after that.

You're right about Tiny Rebel. I was told last year that they had 2/3 new kits on the way to be launched in 2020. I'm guessing covid got in the way.

That's my NEIPA bottled this morning. Smells great!

I ordered some sugar sticks from Amazon which worked really well. Just tear off the end and they pour very easily into the neck of the bottle. I've done some with white sugar and some with demerera, just to see if there's any difference, and then some with one packet and some with two. There's no weight on the packets, but I don't think they would equate to a full teaspoon.

I'll report back when I open the first bottle.

Last edited:
My American amber kit arrived yesterday. Looks really good. 2 cans of hopped lme, 30g each of cascade and centennial, a new pack of us05, hop bag, instructions.

Thank you to muntons for sorting out the mix up! Photo to follow!

Cheers Martin

Latest posts

Back