New to all grain

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My advice would be to brew the same beer again, process is way more important than recipe when your brewing all grain, take your time write everything you do down, learn where the flavours come from. Make a small change, like boil length, then compare the two beers (just my 2c) Welcome to the hole said the rabbit..

Pick a popular commercial beer that you would like to brew. Then do an internet search for the name of that beer, and "homebrew clone recipe". It won't give you exactly the same beer, but it will likely taste lovely, be pretty similar and be what you want.

Asking "what would I brew next" is like saying "whether should I go in holiday" - You just get answers from the whole planet.

If your uncertain about parts of the recipe or can't get the specific ingredients etc, come back and ask for advice

Well did 2nd brew day yesterday, made my own recipe up on brewfather. Was 5kg of pale malt 200g of caramalt and 100g of torrified wheat, 25g of chinook leafs beginning of 60 min boil. 100g of Amarillo 100g of simcoe at end of boil. Was still 2 litre short but 2 points up on hydrometer after adding the missing 2 litre. So I think 2 litre more on my next sparge and I've cracked it. Colour was bang on for what I wanted but tasted very sweet. Hopefully yeast will kill some of that sweetness, so thanks everyone for advice, I'm well on mi way down that rabbit hole 😂

Well 2nd brew has turned out lovely SG 1056 finished in 5 days down to 1011 giving 5.9% abv. Kegged and force carbed with 70/30 gas. Tried a pint yesterday in sun, just what I was after.
20220324_171810.jpg

Latest posts

Back