New to brewing from kent

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjgriff

Reaction score
Hi I have only just started on this. I'm from kent 51 years young.
I keep looking at beer kits and went and bought a small kit from brewuk 40 pint bitter microbrewery..
when it turned up I noticed I would need a few more bits like another fermenting bin, a little bottler a bottle washer and a auto Syphon..
I will probably adding more stuff but it's got me going,
I have only just bottled my first brew which came with the kit Munton's connisseurs traditional bitter.. now I'm thinking of getting some more bottles so I can start another batch of something else while I wait on my first batch

Hi, and welcome! I am relatively new to brewing too and also keep buying bits here and there to either upgrade my modest setup or, as you say, increase the quantity I can bottle. I have about 200 bottles now, mostly from commercial beers I have had, which I imagine is a very small number compared to some!
I hope you continue to enjoy homebrewing. In the three weeks I have been on this forum I have found it a warm, friendly place with many seasoned homebrewers more than happy to help out. I hope you find the same too.

Welcome to forum.
You don't actually need a little bottler, an auto-siphon or a bottle washer. You can brew beer without them, in this case it still turns out the same.
Just as there are people who brew on a stove top with a stock pan and other people who spend £100s on lots of equipment.
Its whether you enjoy what you are doing and how you do it that matters, as you will find out. athumb..

I have been watching a lot of YouTube but I think I will learn a lot more from here and thankyou for the welcome posts

Welcome in.
You don't 'need' any of those things, but want is a different matter altogether. And wait till you get into using corny kegs instead of bottles! This can be an expensive hobby, but easily justified when you make the best beer you've ever had.

Welcome to the club pjgriff. I too am a newbie and have so far found this forum very informative and educational. Take the time if you can to have a good look around. I am sure you'll find plenty of hints, tips and info to help you in your quest to brew the perfect pint! I hope your first brew turns out nice. Do keep us informed as to how it turned out. I am also waiting to sample my first three brews (all Woodefordes).

Ale speak later, cheers.
Barley Rubble.

Hi I have only just started on this. I'm from kent 51 years young.
I keep looking at beer kits and went and bought a small kit from brewuk 40 pint bitter microbrewery..
when it turned up I noticed I would need a few more bits like another fermenting bin, a little bottler a bottle washer and a auto Syphon..
I will probably adding more stuff but it's got me going,
I have only just bottled my first brew which came with the kit Munton's connisseurs traditional bitter.. now I'm thinking of getting some more bottles so I can start another batch of something else while I wait on my first batch

Hi PJ,

I’m also in Kent (Maidstone). There are several of us from Kent on the forum and we seem to be expending our flock.

Welcome!

Latest posts

Back