New to Grainfather G30

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys am very interested in this full volume method . Would somebody be able to do a quick write up of the method and the recipe they used thanks ?

If you are talking about 15 litres of water in the mash then you could do it easily. You could do 10 litre batch sizes of smaller.
I don’t think buying one of these for no sparge method is OTT, it is pretty much what the thing is made for. With recirculating, you can do no sparge and still get good efficiency. No need to buy and store a sparge water heater and doing two lots of water.
No reason to buy the Grainfather either, I have bought kegs from Kegland and I think they are great quality so I would buy their equivalent of the Grainfather.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. It will make the decision if/when I replace the present boiler and mash tun easier.

Hi guys am very interested in this full volume method . Would somebody be able to do a quick write up of the method and the recipe they used thanks ?
I've a write-up >here<. But there are a few things that you can ignore:

It also describes fermenting (under pressure) in the dispensing keg!
I was still fitting the top-plate and over-flow pipe (GF) in this description.
I suggest keeping OG below 1.045 (which is for fermenting in a keg).
Much of the follow up discussion (which isn't to do with full-boil-volume-mashing).

I'll update it within 4-6 weeks (or so!). But the recipe (Centennial Blond - a pseudo-lager) was very pleasant for Summer (suggesting I wont be brewing it for the up-coming Winter!).

[/QUOTE
I do the usual ‘with sparge’ recipe, then just put all the sparge water in with the mash water. My water is quite hard so I treat both my mash and sparge water with AMS/CRS acid.

@Saisonator .... thanks buddy, read through posts again and missed the point regarding recirculating and sparge.

So the 'All in one system' could easily be an option in future, as I say, I have moved to producing 15 litre batches so it sounds like it would be fairly straightforward and no need to sparge.

@Saisonator .... thanks buddy, read through posts again and missed the point regarding recirculating and sparge.

So the 'All in one system' could easily be an option in future, as I say, I have moved to producing 15 litre batches so it sounds like it would be fairly straightforward and no need to sparge.

I only do batches between 12 and 14 litres.
Something else I have just started is pressure fermenting in a keg using a floating dip tube and spunding valve.
Ideal if you don’t do full size batches. From articles I have read on here, you can even serve from the fermenting keg!

Back