New to home-brewing. Looking for a specific taste

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rroger_D

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for welcoming me into the forum.
I've never tried home-brewing. My dad used to when I was a youngster. I thought I'd give it a try.
I am looking for recommendations for a kit for an ale, possibly a pale-ale. I like those with a specifically fruity flavour. Particularly Brewdog Dead Pony Club or, that Waggle-dance one you can get from the supermarkets etc.
Can anyone point me in the direction of something similar?
Thanks in advance.

Hi there I don't think you can go far wrong with Youngs American IPA it's where my journey began a couple of years ago got really good results straight away. Plenty of step by step guides for the kit on you tube. Good luck and enjoy.

Hello! Have a look on Homebrewonline website. They have a section where you can choose a beer kit in the style that you like. Providing of course that you are going to brew kits. If you're going to brew all grain its a bit more involved. Sorry..edit..yes you want a kit..plenty of choices where I suggested! Need any more help? Just ask!

I'd probably start with one of the Mangrove Jacks kits. They're consistently good and rank right up there with the best kits I've done. If you want a fruity pale ale, then 'Juicy Session IPA' is a cracker. The 'Pink Grapefruit IPA' is also excellent, but may be more of an acquired taste (think Elvis Juice but with a more subtle grapefruit flavour - in my opinion, it's actually better than the Brewdog version).

YouTube is a good source for beer kit reviews - search for 'Partridge Brothers beer reviews' - they've reviewed many of the kits on the market, including those from Mangrove Jacks. You can also trawl the 'Reviews' section on this website where you'll get an idea of how the kit rates with home brewers, together with loads of hints and tips.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. I'll certainly give a few of these options a try.
I'll feedback on my outcome and decision.
Cheers....

Mangrove Jack's Australian Pale Ale is really good, I can highly recommend it. I think it would be very close to what your looking for. Mangrove Jack's kits are great, use liquid malt extract or dry spray malt as well so as to enhance the flavour.

Latest posts

Back