New to the forums

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worf

Reaction score
I've been home brewing for 9? Years since my beloved wife got me started so I would stop complaining about American beers. I'm a yank, but she's from Brentwood, England and the only time I was happy with my beer is when I was sitting in a pub during one of our visits across the pond.
I have only used extracts thus far, but I moved out of kits about 6 years ago. We recently relocated from fertile California into the southern desert of Arizona. In Cali, there were plenty of home brewers hanging around the micro-breweries, yet the closest micro brewery to my new home is 50miles. Thus I need a new source of sage advice .. so here I am.

Good to be here. It's really strange to be 'surrounded' by all the english-but-not-american vocabulary and not need a translator often. 🤪

Jerry Storrs

Great to have you on board. A lot of good brewing literature comes out of the States and we have to get used to the vocab, too. If you want a challenge, look at the Australian forum.
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in beerage.

Welcom! Plenty of non-native English speakers here but as long as you don't mix up the units, everything should be cool :beer1:
Any favourite beer styles or recipes?

Welcom! Plenty of non-native English speakers here but as long as you don't mix up the units, everything should be cool :beer1:
Any favourite beer styles or recipes?
My primary drinking glasses (really lexan) are true pints. My biggest pain is getting a recipe in Celsius...I still hafta convert to make sure there s no surprises. 😲

I actually prefer a good, plain-ole bitter. Unfortunately, I prefer something around 6APV and most are down around 4.5. Of course, then there is my addiction to dunkels & bachs.

Back