New to this - quick question on fermentation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenPowell

Reaction score
Hi all,

Very quick one. I have a wineworks kit (pinot grigio) that had been doing it's (first?) ferment for 11 days now. All going well. At a constant 20 to 22 degrees for all this time. Bubbling through the airlock started slow. After about a day there was a glug every minute or so. This ramped up over a couple of days to a glug every couple of seconds. All good. SG coming down all this time. Now the glugs are very intermittent at one every minute or two. SG is 1.000 and has been for 3 days now. I guess i just need to leave it as it is still fermenting (very slowly I guess?)? It tasts good. Quite sharp but not bad at all. Obviously I have not done anything else to it yet aside from check the SG with the hydrometer.

Should I just leave this for now and wait a couple more days? There are very little bubbles on the surface of the liquid at the moment. Pretty sure I'm on track but this is my first wine kit and just want to give it the best shot.

Alternatively I could move on to degassing etc but I would appreciate your help.

Many thanks.
Ben

Most kits i have made suggested letting it get to .995 before moving on to clearing so i would give it a little more time.

If you haven't already seen it have a look at this - How to make Supermarket Juice Wine - HERE.

Back