New year resolutions.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Have you set yourself one for 2019?

Have you ever kept one?

I gave up smoking years ago and that was the only time i have ever seen one through.

I am not giving up drinking beer or wine or eating food i like even if its not good for me so i will be skipping it again this year. wink...

Last edited:
Three years ago I resolved to throw away socks as soon as they got a hole in them instead of wearing them a few more times. I’ve stuck to that, but that’s about it.

Three years ago I resolved to throw away socks as soon as they got a hole in them instead of wearing them a few more times. I’ve stuck to that, but that’s about it.

Your great grandmother will be turning in her grave. :laugh8:

From a brewing perspective I think I might try to do lots of Saisons in 2019. It’s about time I buckled down and properly tried to hone in a style.

You could probably find this thread from last year and I said something pretty similar. C’est la vie

My New Year Resolution for 2019 is to not brew ANY kits or conduct ANY experiments!

I have decided that the +/-33% of time spent on these activities during 2018 could have been put to much better use by brewing beers and lagers that I know and like.

Of course, this resolution doesn't preclude brewing a different variety of what I know I like, using a different yeast or hop etc so I'm pretty sure that life will still be full of surprises; but hopefully only small ones!

Never one for NYRs normally as I think if you need to make a change do it today and not at a strike of a clock.

Brew wise I want to get back and do a few more serious brews 2018 was personally a very challenging year , so I have plans for some good brews in 2019.

At sea, Sunday was always "Make and Mend Day" and as a result I learned to darn a sock and even make things out of canvas and rope (e.g. shoes, mats, caps etc.).

Unfortunately, I have lost the mushroom that my Mum gave me so nowadays I too throw away socks with holes in them!

I lost 5 stone when I was 19 as a NY Resolution but I’ve never really made them otherwise.

I kept it off for 14 years but have gained a stone and a half in the last year. My aim for this year is to lose a stone before my mate’s stag do in May.

Not made one this year - last year I stupidly did dry January ! Did it change my life !? Nah ! Other making for a cracking Q1 stockpile of beer !

I do intend to try and do a little more exercise this year - but that was an intended lifestyle change anyway !

If I had to make one - brewing side it will be to master the NEIPA.

I have not set a resolution for 2019. I have in the past, when I was about nine or ten and it was the thing to do, but I don't remember if I followed through. Someone mentioned above to handle something immediately which is what I try to do.
Interestingly (to me, at least), my gym fills to the brim with resolution makers around this time of year trying to achieve some goal or another. It lasts about two months which is a generous number.
These folks don't know gym rules or running track etiquette and therefore contribute to an increase in ones heart rate just by being there.

So my resolution this year/today is to quit complaining.

I make the same promises to myself every year to try and be a bit more productive / proactive with everything in life. Got a shed load of jobs I need to be getting on with at home and I really would like this to be the year that I get them done. Thing is it's stuff around the house that annoys me daily and if I sorted it then I'd no longer have to look at it / think about it. Also the usual health stuff - drink less, eat better, sleep more. On that front though I want to take my running to the next level by attempting a half marathon around May, comfortable doing 10ks now so why not!

Latest posts

Back