New Years resolution anyone?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Galt

Reaction score
Anyone having a New Years resolution or are we just all glad 2020 is about to be done and hopefully 2021 is the light at the end of the tunnel?

I quit the fags 7 years ago and vaped like a trooper since. So mine is to get of this dummy tit as I find it abit embarrassing being a human haze machine. Got some of these nicotine pouches that seem to be working for the last 3 hours. Fingers crossed.

I'm aiming to travel down to Somerset, Devon, Dorset, Wales and Gloucester area with the caravan as we mainly go north to Yorkshire or the Lake District or over to the east coast as it's convenient.
I also want to get better at golf and plan to get from a 23 handicap down to 15 or lower as I joined a golf club this year and have been having lessons.
All Covid permitting of course but hopeful of a better year than this pile of ***** of a year, Oooh, and I need to get a job!

I'm aiming to travel down to Somerset, Devon, Dorset, Wales and Gloucester area with the caravan as we mainly go north to Yorkshire or the Lake District or over to the east coast as it's convenient.
I also want to get better at golf and plan to get from a 23 handicap down to 15 or lower as I joined a golf club this year and have been having lessons.
All Covid permitting of course but hopeful of a better year than this pile of ***** of a year, Oooh, and I need to get a job!
You'll get a job pal. I'd research dragging your van down Devon...some of those roads have grass growing on them!
Had some right hairy drives down Devon and Cornwall...but I am rubbish at driving!

I'd research dragging your van down Devon...some of those roads have grass growing on them!
We tow with a 4x4 SUV and I consider myself to be a reasonable idiot behind the wheel (it's the others that spoil it) :D

Anyone having a New Years resolution or are we just all glad 2020 is about to be done and hopefully 2021 is the light at the end of the tunnel?

I quit the fags 7 years ago and vaped like a trooper since. So mine is to get of this dummy tit as I find it abit embarrassing being a human haze machine. Got some of these nicotine pouches that seem to be working for the last 3 hours. Fingers crossed.
Quitting is tough I done it twice just remember if u crumble and take a puff don't think that's it I failed just see how long u can go until the next one it will be longer each time till your a non smoker

Quitting is tough I done it twice just remember if u crumble and take a puff don't think that's it I failed just see how long u can go until the next one it will be longer each time till your a non smoker
Thanks man.
I done well getting of fags as was a heavy smoker. But im sure 7 years of vaping can’t be good for you. Not touched it for 4 hours now. Saying that those nicotine pouch things have been numbing me.
I reckon if can see in the bells drunk without touching it then I’m good to go.

We gave up on new years day 2000 no patches vaping just will power, it was not our first attempt but fortunately it was my last, the way we did it was aim for the end of the week if you can get through the weekends you have it cracked, i was smoking when you could smoke in the pubs so weekends were always a challenge, stick at it as you say vaping is not good for your lungs they are not designed to deal with water.

i stopped smoking 30 years ago after 2 failed attempts. 3rd time was so easy. I read a book called “Allen Carr’s easy way to stop smoking”. Never been tempted to have another Cigarette since I finished it.

I stopped smoking dead, after about 40 years. Not one puff, for about a year.
Then, I developed an horribly rare form of arthritis.
It is normally a hereditary thing, but as none of my family have ever suffered from it, I questioned the doctor.
His response was that it was probably the shock of stopping smoking so quickly that caused it.
So now, not only do I ache like a b@stard most of the time, but I still smoke!!!

Following satnav down the West country is a mistake!! An up to date map is essential...
I have a caravan sat-nav with lifetime updates that you put the size of your outfit in (length, height, weight and width) I also research the road leading up to the site via Google maps, if it looks dodge I call the site first before booking as my caravan is 27 foot long, hopefully it won't take you down a skinny road or one with a low bridge, been ok so far with it.

I have a caravan sat-nav with lifetime updates that you put the size of your outfit in (length, height, weight and width) I also research the road leading up to the site via Google maps, if it looks dodge I call the site first before booking as my caravan is 27 foot long, hopefully it won't take you down a skinny road or one with a low bridge, been ok so far with it.
That sounds very sensible! I'd still Google Street view...I've seen some mad stuff..grounded camper vans etc on stupid bends..wheels in the air job! Plus miles of forward/reverse and battle scarred trees...
I can't wait to get back down there!
Just watch out for where the motorway ends...

Latest posts

Back