Newbie brewing question for conditioning Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlangley

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have started an American IPA (which I got from the Range) - Fermentation now complete after adding hops - tasted and not sweet, tastes strong with a little chemical type taste but hoping that goes as the beer conditions.

The beer should be put into bottles with half a tea spoon of sugar to clear and condition but I want to do it a different way.

What I want to know is I'm planning on using the beer through a beer engine pump (Pint 365) - so what's the best way of conditioning it? But 2 ten litre batches into a strong polypin box along with a little sugar (say = to half the amount of what would go into the bottles altogether) and leave it to clear and then run through my pump.....or should I put into a pressure barrel for a while and then transfer to a 10 litre beer bag for the pump?

Am sure someone must have experience of this so just looking for help please thanks.

Hi all,

I have started an American IPA (which I got from the Range) - Fermentation now complete after adding hops - tasted and not sweet, tastes strong with a little chemical type taste but hoping that goes as the beer conditions.

The beer should be put into bottles with half a tea spoon of sugar to clear and condition but I want to do it a different way.

What I want to know is I'm planning on using the beer through a beer engine pump (Pint 365) - so what's the best way of conditioning it? But 2 ten litre batches into a strong polypin box along with a little sugar (say = to half the amount of what would go into the bottles altogether) and leave it to clear and then run through my pump.....or should I put into a pressure barrel for a while and then transfer to a 10 litre beer bag for the pump?

Am sure someone must have experience of this so just looking for help please thanks.
I would bottle it. American beers are different to British beers, they don't lend themselves to being flat and on the warmer side. They are quite the opposite. Use your beer engine for the British style of beer.

Latest posts

Back