Newbie from sunny stoke on Trent

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smatt

Reaction score
Hi all just a breif introduction my name is Matt from stoke on Trent in Staffordshire and just today got my first starter kit! “Yay” so will probably be badgering you all for help and information in the next coming weeks acheers. cheers

I hate their football team (back before my team was “a joke” we used to sing “your club is a joke , your club is a joke, all our **** players we send them to Stoke”), but it’s where my hero Eddie Hall is from so welcome!

Hahaha I’m not a football fan to be honest, and yeah Eddie hall is awsome there has been a few good things come out of stoke

And thanks for the kind welcoming to the rest of you I am liking this forum already :cool:

Hahaha I’m not a football fan to be honest, and yeah Eddie hall is awsome there has been a few good things come out of stoke
Actually, my dad’s side of the family (his grandparents) were originally from the Stoke area but moved to Durham to work for the Consett Iron Company. 2 generations later my parents moved to Dundee from the North East when I was a toddler in the 80s.

Welcome Matt,

What kit did you get?

As an ex Stokie I was once asked by a Manc, “What’s the best thing to out of Stoke?”

Being a cocky f**ker I replied, “Me”.

He said, “No, the D Road“. (it‘s the A500 for those that don’t know).

On the North Staffordshire oatcake front (TerryM) have you tried Sainsbury’s? They sell them up here in Aberdeenshire.

One of Stoke’s most famous sons was the Captain of the Titanic.

Welcome Matt,

What kit did you get?

As an ex Stokie I was once asked by a Manc, “What’s the best thing to out of Stoke?”

On the North Staffordshire oatcake front (TerryM) have you tried Sainsbury’s? They sell them up here in Aberdeenshire.

So he was the chief Stoker then😂

Welcome Matt,

What kit did you get?

Last time I had 'proper' oatcakes was from a shop in Ashbourne where they were known as Derbyshire oatcakes!!
I did try Sainsburys from another suggestion some time back but found nothing. Perhaps its changed. Need to check but havent beeen in a supermarket for over 3 months now.
And the most famous Stoker must surely be Josiah Wedgewood?
And the best thing for me in the Stoke area was 'The Place', which takes me back asad1

That might explain why he didn’t see the iceberg, but we are getting away from welcoming a new contributor.

Welcome mate athumb..

I love an oat cake (or 2! 😁)
My uncle lives in Newcastle so we visit the area fairly regularly, well used to before lockdown :laugh8:👍
As mentioned earlier, what kit have you got?

Welcome Matt,

What kit did you get?

Yeah I have heard the d road one a few times 😂 the kit I got was just a basic tin kit and all needed to brew, plus been out today get a few more bits like capper and heat mat

Latest posts

Back