Newbie in Sussex

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewnoobie

Reaction score
Hi - first time posting here. Have had a few attempts at brewing with extract kits. First few were drinkable but you'd be pretty upset if you paid for it in a pub! Last few attempts have been better (main change was building a brew fridge with STC-1000 etc).

Worked in a CAMRA pub from the age of about 19 to 21 and never touched "real" ale. Two year ago Dark Star opened a pub where I live and have fallen in love with it all ever since.

Hoping to get a few tips from here and move to my first all grain brew.

Rich

There are several good Homebrew clubs in Sussex - I go to one on the first Tuesday of each month in Brighton, but there are others in Lewes & Chichester and probably more. A good opportunity to meet up, try strange beers and even learn new things.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/362723950496263

Home brew Brighton seems to have stopped. Their FB page is distorted and the web site hasn't been updated for a couple of years. Well that's how it appears.

I'll mention it when I go along tonight - we're meeting in BrewDog Brighton

I'll mention it when I go along tonight - we're meeting in BrewDog Brighton
this is what I got from your link..

upload_2018-10-2_16-58-4.png
Not sure what to expect but it seemed out of size to me.

Yes, I can see it looks odd. If you click to join you will be able to see more content. The best part of a homebrew group is to meet up and share ideas / experiences (and try each others beer)
Yes agree, I would welcome comments / pointers as to where I'm going wrong ( or right) so will think about joining. I started my own group in FB as I couldn't find any others in the area. (Sussex Home Brewing Group). I am doing a couple of brews this week.

Hi, I’m in Littlehampton and made a few extract kits and just tried my first all grain on a BIAB set up. Would be great to meet up and learn from others so I can improve what I’m doing

@Mark wisdom
Most of the Sussex members above haven't been seen for while. The OP 5 days after joining in 2018!

True - I got an email notification though!

I expect that most groups have paused meetings in the current climate, although a selection of the Brighton group did meet up on the beach this week. There's also another group set up in Worthing - meeting by zoom the days (not as tasty)

There are several good Homebrew clubs in Sussex - I go to one on the first Tuesday of each month in Brighton, but there are others in Lewes & Chichester and probably more. A good opportunity to meet up, try strange beers and even learn new things.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/362723950496263
Havent found one in Chichester, am starting one unless i am wrong.

My friend can't provide any contacts, but he thinks it was something to do with the Hornet. There is also a group in Worthing based at Beer No Evil - virtual only at the moment, as most are.

Back