Newbie saying hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazygoldfish

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Complete brewing rookie here, starting off with a kit to try it out and all going well, brew from scratch.

I got fed up with supermarket beers during lock down and wanted something new to try.

Started with a Ballihoo starter kit and coopers draft lager.

Planning to refill empty Krups torps with my first brew (assuming it works) & maybe even make a dent in my overflowing bottle bin.

Welcome! I started with a Balliihoo starter kit, though brewed a Young's Harvest Bitter.
I have done about 8 brews now and while I have upgraded bits here and there, still pretty much use the contents of the starter kit.
Having got fed up with bottling day, I recently took the plunge with a corny keg and associated accessories. Be warned - equipment multiplies! My biggest piece of advice as a fairly newcomer myself is to take pride in being patient!

Welcome! I started with a Balliihoo starter kit, though brewed a Young's Harvest Bitter.
I have done about 8 brews now and while I have upgraded bits here and there, still pretty much use the contents of the starter kit.
Having got fed up with bottling day, I recently took the plunge with a corny keg and associated accessories. Be warned - equipment multiplies! My biggest piece of advice as a fairly newcomer myself is to take pride in being patient!
My plan is longer term to build a brew shed / bar.

assuming the wife lets me !

Latest posts

Back