Newbie stout feend from Devon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crin

Reaction score
Hi all! I've been using the wealth of information on these pages for a while and thought it was about time I joined in.

I'm still on my first brew with two fv's of stout on the go coming up 2 weeks. I was planning on using my two pb's but had no co2 caps and was looking at prices. Would have been £60 for valves and sodastream bottle and a keg and reg was £100.

Anyway I took the plunge and have gone for a corny!

I plan to put one in the keg the other in a PB until the keg is free.

Hopefully I'll be drowning in stout in a week or 2!

I had the same problem with my wife, now I have a 2nd keg and sweet talked her to let me have a new tall larder fridge as I'd measured the spare beer fridge wrong 😉 if you know what I mean.

I'm already thinking I should get another one for an IPA or something the boys would drink. I seem to be the only one that loves a stout, rain or shine. What's your most popular brew. I'd only be doing an extract version for now though!

Welcome in. Just putting my first stout in a corny this morning! Cornies are the best, you won't regret it!
They do multiply though, just to warn you.

Welcome in. Just putting my first stout in a corny this morning! Cornies are the best, you won't regret it!
They do multiply though, just to warn you.
What pressure are you going for? Not sure if I should do the 30 psi thing for a few days or just keep it at 10 as I don't like mega fizzy stout.

I like fizz myself, so I always go for about 12PSI. I usually force carbonate at 30 as I'm an impatient bugger!

Back