newbie stout gas question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrismo23

Reaction score
Hi all, 1st post and 1st brew ever,

As I always do when starting a new hobby, I don't do things by half, just got my 1st brew kit and looking to brew stouts and bitter mainly.

I'm curently in the middle of a kegerater build just waiting on a tower to be delivered ;),

I bought myself a corny keg as I don't wanna faf about with bottling and wanna half my time, till I can drink the fruits of my labour.

I believe to get the best out my brew is use to a gas mix of 70/30 for a stout, is this 70 nitro and 30 co2 or opposite way round? Also I wanna force carb my stout can I force with this mix or do I need to use just co2 then use the mix for serving?

Few questions but thanks for looking and a happy new year

Chris

Don't know the answer myself (although it looks like you cannot carbonate with mixed gas or nitrogen) but if you google 'mixed gas force carbonation' you should get your answer from the various hits.

Thanks folks, looks like I need to carb with co2 then mix for pulling, will have to get another cylinder oh well lol

Latest posts

Back