The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren47

Reaction score
hi all
my favourite brew is lager pilsner/European I usually use coopers but got a muntons gold continental pils ready does anyone suggest any better kits

thanks

Darren

Hi darren47
Not done a kit for a while, but when I did I couldn't see past a Coopers Euro Lager brewed short to 20l and fermented at 12-15c with a kilo of 50/50 dme/dextrose. Sometimes with a Hallertauer hop tea. Heard that the coopers heritage pilsner's pretty good.

Hi Stesmi
Thanks for the reply ive tried coopers euro and really enjoyed it although I just used dextrose so I think I may try it the 50/50 way like you say, also ive seen something called pilsner enhancer what's your thoughts on this or is it pretty much DME.

Hey Darren47.

I remember a pilsner enhancer in New Zealand. It's Ingredients were dextrose, light dry malt extract , maltodextrin. This is the same as coopers brew enhancer 2 with around 25%(?) dme. The maltodextrin is for head retention and should do you well. Young's do a brew enhancer with 50/50 dme and dextrose which will also work well. Indeed you can use 1kg of dme. This won't give you your requires starting gravity, so add 250g of dextrose too. There are many options that will give you a good brew. And as you mentioned you just added dextrose and it was good :)

Latest posts

Back