Next Brew Batch - Honey Wheat Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misledgnome

Reaction score
I am trying to create a Honey Wheat beer for my friend who has bees, look at the recipe and tell me what you think to both final strength and taste etc;
1.7Kg Cooper Preachers Hefe Wheat Beer Kit
1.5Kg Wheat Malt Extract
400g of my mates local honey
20g Mangrove Jacks M20 Bavarian Wheat Yeast
( I may reduce the malt extract to 1Kg and use 500g Brewers Sugar?)

Do you think this could end up too sweet? i am aiming for something around the 5% region light golden coloured ?

With the kit and dry extract and honey and mj yeast it works out at 5%. Not sure if you can add the honey straight to the fv or whether you should boil it for a short while with a bit of dry extract...
Taste....who knows?
Using all that wheat extract I would definitely fit a blow off tube!

Thanks Clint, I fitted the blow off tube and boy was I glad it was mental. The 3 litre jug I had the tube in looked like a geyser for three days. just tested the SG 7 days after and already sat at 1.011, still fermenting but had a taste and my wife says its like a Hoegaarden with a honey aftertaste, hope it carries on like that as I will be well impressed.

Just to add, I didn't add the brewers sugar instead of the ME, and my mate is well out on his weighing, his pots of honey hold 600g so that's what went in. I did boil the honey with the extract.

Latest posts

Back