Nimbu Pani

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fleecer

Reaction score
Has anyone seen those Rubicon street drinks that are out now? My personal favourite is the lime, cumin and mint version called Nimbu Pani.

Anyway, I went down to the Asian market in town last week and bought loads of fresh mint and lemons. I then bought some cumin seeds and 1kg of dextrose.

A quick 15 minute 12 litre boil of two good bunches of mint, the juice of 3 lemons and a packet of cumin seeds, then cooled to room temperature. I then pitched a saison yeast at 1.050 and left it to do it's stuff. After 3 days I added a further bunch of fresh mint.

The latest news is that it's really slow in fermenting, but down to 1.028 after day 5. I'm hoping for a circa 5% alco pop style brew.

The plan is to liven it up with a further bunch of mint for 24 hours prior to bottling.

If anyone's interested, I'll update with the final results.

Cheers

Day 13, and the brew has completed fermenting. It's much stronger than I thought it would be; it finished at 1.00, making it a 6.65% finishing gravity. I added further bunch of chopped mint and the juice of half a lemon, as the taste felt a little stewed.
Day 14 and I'm ready to bottle. Happy to say the late additions restored the flavour closer towards the target.
I'll post in 10/14 days with the results

Cheers

Back