Nitrous oxide: MP wants to see tightening of laughing gas laws

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ust think abou how the head is made on a guinness. It's something similar for whipped cream
Right, makes sense. The product comes out very fluffy.
I've know about whippets (upside-down shots from the whipped cream can to get high and also the dog breed) for ages.
I make my own whipped cream but not my own whippet dogs.

Every generation's had their own ways of getting messy. The Victorians loved cocaine and heroin. The hippies loved weed and acid. The mods loved speed. The punks loved whatever was cheap. The ravers loved MDMA. Your generation was just as high as every other.

While i agree with what you have said and will admit to having take my fair share of speed and weed when i was a teen it wasn't as easy to get hold of as a few gas cylinders i would hate to think young kids could be getting hold of this stuff.

Interesting. I'm not actually sure if I'd prefer my daughter to smoke fags than do the odd ballon of n2o.
Think maybe the n2o would be best

I think neither would be best!

Fags don't instantly kill you some of the **** they are breathing in does!

Bit of a hobsons choice. It's like asking someone whether they would like to be boiled alive or sawn in half

Save the gas and mess and lengthy pain by taking this. ;)

A new legal high which can kill in "two or three puffs" has been found being used in the UK for the first time.

An unnamed man is currently in hospital after collapsing when he smoked the substance from a cigarette.

Forensic tests on the "spliff" show it was laced with a powerful new psychoactive agent.

It is the first time that the authorities have detected the drug - which is believed to have already killed six people in Europe - on UK soil.

Authorities are reporting that this is the first time the drug has been found in the UK.

Drug czars are also quick to point out the drug has already killed six people in Europe.

A spokesman for Public Health Wales said: "New psychoactive substances are a growing issue and we have seen a substantial escalation in use particularly synthetic cannabinoid.

He added: "We believe that represents a substantial and growing public health harm."

The synthetic cannabis, which has the chemical name MDMD-CHMICA, causes irregular heartbeat, nausea, paranoia, confusion, agitation, vomiting, breathlessness, auditory hallucinations and panic attacks.

Despite only being discovered 10 months ago, the deadly drug has been linked to four deaths in Sweden and two in Germany.

More than 16 people across Europe have been hospitalised since the new drug was introduced.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-legal-high-can-kill-5987985

Save the gas and mess and lengthy pain by taking this. ;)

A new legal high which can kill in "two or three puffs" has been found being used in the UK for the first time.

An unnamed man is currently in hospital after collapsing when he smoked the substance from a cigarette.

Forensic tests on the "spliff" show it was laced with a powerful new psychoactive agent.

It is the first time that the authorities have detected the drug - which is believed to have already killed six people in Europe - on UK soil.

Authorities are reporting that this is the first time the drug has been found in the UK.

Drug czars are also quick to point out the drug has already killed six people in Europe.

A spokesman for Public Health Wales said: "New psychoactive substances are a growing issue and we have seen a substantial escalation in use particularly synthetic cannabinoid.

He added: "We believe that represents a substantial and growing public health harm."

The synthetic cannabis, which has the chemical name MDMD-CHMICA, causes irregular heartbeat, nausea, paranoia, confusion, agitation, vomiting, breathlessness, auditory hallucinations and panic attacks.

Despite only being discovered 10 months ago, the deadly drug has been linked to four deaths in Sweden and two in Germany.

More than 16 people across Europe have been hospitalised since the new drug was introduced.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-legal-high-can-kill-5987985

It's quite amazing how inventive we are as a species, isn it

While i agree with what you have said and will admit to having take my fair share of speed and weed when i was a teen it wasn't as easy to get hold of as a few gas cylinders i would hate to think young kids could be getting hold of this stuff.
Except it IS age controlled, and most of the stuff is bought online. When I was a teenager I wouldn't have been able to buy this stuff as I didn't have a debit card. I could go to my local dealer easily enough though.

If there are highs to be had people will find a way to get them.. They should legalise soft drugs and stick a decent tax on them, put the dealers out of business and use the tax income to fund the services that have to deal with the fallout from drug use.

If there are highs to be had people will find a way to get them.. They should legalise soft drugs and stick a decent tax on them, put the dealers out of business and use the tax income to fund the services that have to deal with the fallout from drug use.

I agree with that and have for a long time, it annoys me when i see the antis saying soft drugs lead to hard drugs i know many people (like me) who used to take Wizz on a Saturday night and never touched anything else, i always said i would never touch acid with a barge pole and never did.

People are going to go to hard drugs if they are destined to based on their own personality. Once this sort is exposed, it's an uphill battle.
Other people try stuff and it doesn't stick.

See your point Chippy.
Indeed there is a difference largely due to the rapid spread of info on "how to get a buzz"

My main point though was about the restriction of freedom to do things that were considered ok in my younger days.
Restrictions brought in generally as a result of tearaways taking the proverbial

Looking at local news sites of my old home town its same old same old assault,drugs,domestic violence and disorder week after week.
caused by the generation that were banned from being caned at school.On the grounds violence begets violence.

Looking at local news sites of my old home town its same old same old assault,drugs,domestic violence and disorder week after week.
caused by the generation that were banned from being caned at school.On the grounds violence begets violence.
Pretty sure assault, drugs, domestic violence and disorder were pretty common when corporal punishment was still in place.

To be honest i don't think you can beat good behaviour into people or bad out we had the cane in my day and it didn't stop us doing stuff we knew could lead to us getting it, i was one of the lucky ones that managed to avoid it.

Not at all I remember a friend (son of the local Magistrate.) being given the third degree in the 70s cos the (local.) police thought his pepper plants were cannabis.
Today even non users know what cannabis plants look like.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back