Nitrous oxide: MP wants to see tightening of laughing gas laws

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To clear up any misunderstanding I am not some old right wing reactionary yearning for days of glory past,just someone who is concerned about civil liberties.
In my Fathers wine-making heyday it was actually illegal to brew beer.
Just like spirits today.

We should cherish our freedoms its what makes life in Britain worthwhile.

Canabinoid...I like that word...
I tried a cigar and a pipe years ago...like the smell but that's it.
Never taken anything exotic...I had many years on prescription pain killers before my hip replacement...at the time I was in dreadful pain almost constantly and found out which drugs I could take with others...ie... tramadol with ibuprofen...without killing myself...most stuff was disabling in the fact I couldn't drive or work on it so my work time was worse than ever...
I'm so glad to be off such nasty stuff...6 years now...I take the odd paracetamol or ibuprofen for general aches and pains but that's it.

I forgot to add the wink, i don't have 3 heaped but two level ones i don't drink many cups a day 3 max, i know sugar is bad but there again so is alcohol its a bitch that everything we like isn't good for us. aheadbutt

Sugar is actually quite a nasty little drug. It's not exactly crack cocaine but it does stimulate some of the same areas of the brain
As does playing with your 🍆, they're called pleasure centres. Lobbyists like to distort facts though to make them sound scary. In fact, ANY food you enjoy the flavour of does it, the only way to avoid it is to eat stuff you hate. You can even get psychologically addicted to foods you like too, even various "salads".... Physical exercise is addictive too, so best not do that either.... Literally anything you enjoy has the potential to be addictive, especially if you have a little thing called an addictive personality. I had a patient once who got addicted to tea, to the point he/she used to ruin the cups on the ward with tea stains from leaving the tea bag in so long for the caffeine to build up more (the ACTUAL drug he/she got addicted to in there...).

The more you ban, the more people find to get addicted to, the more nubs find to scream for bans on. Let's not forget the calls to ban artificial sweeteners too.... Bloody annoying as I happen to like a couple of sucralose tablets in my morning coffee....

Re Clint:>Following a road traffic accident back in 2003 i am in constant pain,Prescribed the usual paracetamol/codine plus ibuprofen its awful.16 tablets a day for PARTIAL pain relief.
Truly glad you got your pain sorted out.

I cant see them being able to ban them.
Not only are they used in brewing but also some of the latest airguns have them amongst other things.
An age restriction would make more sense to help stop them getting into the wrong hands.

The empty cartridges everywhere are a propper eyesore, you generraly find them alongside discarded Mc D, BK or KFC (have I missed anyone out) packaging, this gives an insight into the state of mind of takers of the drug. I’m all for freedom of the individual, I just wish they’d take their rubbish away with them, perhaps the nominated driver (🤔) could also be nominated to clear up!

Re Clint:>Following a road traffic accident back in 2003 i am in constant pain,Prescribed the usual paracetamol/codine plus ibuprofen its awful.16 tablets a day for PARTIAL pain relief.
Truly glad you got your pain sorted out.

You under 40 by any chance? I ask as I used to have the same problem (arthritis). I hit 40, and it was like the GPs opened their medicine cabinet to me.... I'm now on a pain blocker called Pregabalin (it's actually an epilepsy drug originally, but it's also used as a pain blocker and to treat anxiety... As I suffer with various anxiety disorders, bonus... lol) and it has made a massive difference to my pain levels. As in the difference between constant agony that was making it hard for me to walk (hence had to stop brewing for so long...), and just nagging pain that I can function with (hence my return to the hobby now). It's still only partial, but from watching how things have gone with my parents, they open the cabinet again when you hit your 60s, and start dishing out opiates it seems (not that I want those particularly, I'd rather have the Pregabalin and some pain still.).

As to the mess, I'd love to see councils receive more funding to employ street cleaners once again. In an ideal world people would learn to stop littering for sure, and it makes me so angry when they do, but I can't see that happening any time soon.

You under 40 by any chance? I ask as I used to have the same problem (arthritis). I hit 40, and it was like the GPs opened their medicine cabinet to me.... I'm now on a pain blocker called Pregabalin (it's actually an epilepsy drug originally, but it's also used as a pain blocker and to treat anxiety... As I suffer with various anxiety disorders, bonus... lol) and it has made a massive difference to my pain levels. As in the difference between constant agony that was making it hard for me to walk (hence had to stop brewing for so long...), and just nagging pain that I can function with (hence my return to the hobby now). It's still only partial, but from watching how things have gone with my parents, they open the cabinet again when you hit your 60s, and start dishing out opiates it seems (not that I want those particularly, I'd rather have the Pregabalin and some pain still.).

As to the mess, I'd love to see councils receive more funding to employ street cleaners once again. In an ideal world people would learn to stop littering for sure, and it makes me so angry when they do, but I can't see that happening any time soon.
It’s when you walk through the high street in the early morning before the street cleaners have being through that you realise how bad the problem with litter is, especially on a Saturday morning.

It’s when you walk through the high street in the early morning before the street cleaners have being through that you realise how bad the problem with litter is, especially on a Saturday morning.

Yeah, we've been to a local retail/entertainment park in the early hours many times. Sat and watched the huge rats scavenging amongst the KFC and McDonalds packaging. Loads of bins there, and they send staff out regularly to clean up outside their stores, but car drivers go park further away and empty out their cars onto the car parks. The teenagers meanwhile like to make a mess up nearer the supermarket where there is less security and less CCTV.... They clamped down though when 1 gang started trying out mobile phone thefts on their BMX bikes (as in 2 people had their phones stolen this way, so the local right wing rag ran a story that there was a huge crime spree... lol Literally everybody calls the rag the Distress and Stir.... lol).

I'm 52,hip done at 46.

I got told straight that they won't touch my knees until I turn at least 60 as they need to be replaced. My left knee the patella has even started to turn to 1 side, but oddly it's my right knee that hurts most.... I also have a dodgy left wrist (which is possibly nerve damage in at least part) but the rheumatologist flat refused to do a thing with that because even though it clicks and goes an odd shape when I move my hand it apparently "moves freely"... lol So I'm stuck with just pain relive and trying to build up my quadriceps (which have become seriously weak) to try to give my knees more support (which is incredibly painful to do, as every single exercise to do this puts strain of some form on my knees... lol), taking vitamin D and pain blockers...... Middle age sucks eh?

As to opiates, they will probably have been banned for all but emergency and palliative use in 8 years time. I'm 45, so years away yet for me. ;)

There's some mind bending stuff out there..a few times I slept most of the day or had weird side effects...one was the sensation of flies crawling on your face! In hospital I was hallucinating that my dog was there sleeping on the bed..I was actually stroking her at one point..

Latest posts

Back