No covid jab

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get your point David but for me it doesn't matter how he phrased the words or if 100 people told him to feck off and only 10 agreed with him (the ones he showed) the fact of the matter is the people in the video said they would jail non vaccinated people to a random guy in the street, they were not bullied into speaking to him i honestly believe they did think what he said was the right action to take.

I've sworn off news and, particularly, politics, gone cold-turkey for three months or something. I certainly have felt better. Any news that is actually news worthy I can get genned-in by my wife because the news doesn't bother her.
I thought, incorrectly, that I should still be able to read news about COVID without and detrimental effects. Wrong. COVID is politics and I guess it's been that way since the beginning here in the US and I should have known better than to dive into it.
There are so many backward t***s out there, I get furious at their stupidity, want to shed some sanity on the subject but, obviously, that doesn't work and things just go down hill from there.
Basically, I fell off the wagon and need to get back on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get furious at their stupidity, want to shed some sanity on the subject but, obviously, that doesn't work and things just go down hill from there.
Basically, I fell off the wagon and need to get back on.

I’ve not taken a break from the news and maybe I should.

I seem to have become desensitised to the reports of the untimely deaths of Covid deniers, whose death-bed last words to their peers are ‘please get the jab, I was wrong’.

If the mountain of actual medical evidence isn’t sufficient to steer people from the facebook conspiracy nonsense then I certainly can’t change their minds. I’m not engaging any more.

I’ll accept that you can’t cure stupid, and hope that natural selection improves the gene pool
for future generations.

Cold heartless b’stard? I didn’t used to be.

If the mountain of actual medical evidence isn’t sufficient to steer people from the facebook conspiracy nonsense then I certainly can’t change their minds. I’m not engaging any more.
Cold heartless b’stard? I didn’t used to be.
Yeah, my problem was I couldn't stop engaging, giving statistics on COVID and asking for sources, no matter how pointless it was. Then, to make matters worse, I became pretty aggressive, rude, mean, etc., to the point where I'd have to post a site-wide apology taking responsibility and how I was wrong for speaking in such a way and so forth (I don't know how those apologies were received but I imagine some were puzzled).
That clean slate would last a few days and then I'd be back in it deep and repeating the cycle over and over again (massive rudeness-apologize-massive rudeness-apologize).
I was only hurting myself since I was breaking my own moral code.

I haven't had 'the jab' and have absolutely no intention of doing so. My choice. Furthermore I worked right from day 1 of 'lockdown' and throughout the whole thing I've taken zero notice of advice. Still fighting fit and raring to go. Don't have a go at me please... you'll be wasting your time.

I haven't had 'the jab' and have absolutely no intention of doing so. My choice. Furthermore I worked right from day 1 of 'lockdown' and throughout the whole thing I've taken zero notice of advice. Still fighting fit and raring to go. Don't have a go at me please... you'll be wasting your time.
What keeps me up at night isn’t that we agreed with the intensive care team at North Staffs that it was the right thing to stop ventilation, but watching her suffocate to death in front of our eyes and there was not a thing I could do about it.

It’s not about you. Best of luck.

No problem. I had a bit of a cold which turned out to actually be covid, earlier this year. Therefore I was blessed with natural immunity which stops the virus replicating within and unable to be passed to others. A bit like the jab by all accounts, so why would I want it now?

No problem. I had a bit of a cold which turned out to actually be covid, earlier this year. Therefore I was blessed with natural immunity which stops the virus replicating within and unable to be passed to others. A bit like the jab by all accounts, so why would I want it now?

Having just read that I have a feeling you haven't quite grasped how this thing works (new variants, infecting others etc) but if you are happy to stay unvaccinated no one here should tell you you made the wrong choice even if they think you have, its your choice.

Can I get Covid-19 twice?
Yes, it is possible to get Covid-19 twice.
When someone catches coronavirus, their immune system will generate a response that helps them to fight off the virus if they are exposed to it again. But it's not clear how long this immune response lasts, and it's likely to vary between people.

So, as I said, it doesn't stop you passing it on - might slow the spread a bit, but that's about it. That study also appears to be pre-delta. The high levels of transmission we are seeing now, despite a mostly vaccinated population suggests that deltas increased ability to transmit reduces that significantly. This article in nature appears to back that up;

The study shows that vaccinated people who become infected with the Delta variant carry high peak levels of virus. When the Alpha variant was dominant in the United Kingdom, vaccinated people who became infected had much lower peak viral loads.

The good news is that the vaccine still appears to hugely decrease serious illness and massively decrease deaths.

Therefore, I don't see how choosing not to have the vaccine is selfish. It's just a personal choice.

What are the benefits of not getting vaccinated? Is it more or less beneficial to mankind for each person to get vaccinated?
If the benefits of getting vaccinated outweigh the negative, what other factors are there to consider?

Therefore, I don't see how choosing not to have the vaccine is selfish. It's just a personal choice.
I'm not addressing the "selfish" aspect but, statistically, higher chance of passing it on to others. It's too bad we don't each live on our own island because there's not much value to "personal choice." It's why drunk driving is illegal.
Edit: I forgot to add that skipping getting vaccinated puts unfair stress on hospital workers (here in the US, at least) as most cases landing in the hospital are unvaccinated.
We're back to using portable refrigeration units for the time being.

Last edited:
If you have had both jabs the risk of you getting it is only 20% whereas if you have no vaccine its 100%

So I'm GUARANTEED to get covid again somewhere down the line? Unlikely! Something fishy going on here.... no vaccine this time last year, no-one wearing masks and such a wishy-washy lockdown that it didn't exist. But hardly any new infections compared the current 30Kish daily, and rising. Ah... variants. So the original one has been and gone and by the time delta has done the rounds, another variant will need a vax. Etc etc. I genuinely believe you're all being led up the garden path.

So I'm GUARANTEED to get covid again somewhere down the line? Unlikely! Something fishy going on here.... no vaccine this time last year, no-one wearing masks and such a wishy-washy lockdown that it didn't exist. But hardly any new infections compared the current 30Kish daily, and rising. Ah... variants. So the original one has been and gone and by the time delta has done the rounds, another variant will need a vax. Etc etc. I genuinely believe you're all being led up the garden path.
Tell us about climate change again @Gunge 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back