No covid jab

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all was talking to people in work today both around the 40 year old mark
And told theres not a chance in hell they will take the vaccination
Just wondering is there many more like this
I have it and I'm happy I got it
I've not had the vaccine, I'd rather be in the control group at this stage and wait until we see the long term data.

Seems you can't bring it forward any earlier than 8 weeks, which is the official guideline at the moment; some of the walkin places are doing 2nd jabs at less than 8 weeks but they're being discouraged from doing so, so it's a bit of a lottery. Still worth trying late in the day I would have thought.
I managed 1st and 2nd Pfizer within 6 weeks?

Think different area/regions and method of booking give different things?

That tally's with my experience - I had AZ and was driving, and was just asked to not drive for 15 mins and sit in my car.

When I got my second dose of AZ I specifically cycled down to my GPs to avoid having to sit in the car for 15 minutes (especially after queuing up for ages). Not really concerned about having a reaction or whatever more the insurance implications of driving when you've been told not to.

Anyway, had the jab, was asked how I was getting home, thought the bike helmet made this obvious but said cycling, to which the nurse said I should probably wait in the car park for 15 minutes before using my bike 😆

I suppose I could have walked and pushed it for 15 mins but I just rode home 😃

I am not having it neither is my mrs or the vast majority of people I know. Its already killed both my friends parents within a month. His words not mine and he has had it. Another old friend started to shake uncontrollably, went to bed thinking he was dying and woke up the next day feeling like he had.

People have had negative side effects to all vaccines it's obvious this one would be no different, when I got my invite I decided at 59 I would take the gamble that if I have the jab I may get sick but if I got Covid I would probably die.
There is recent post in the other thread where a guy decided not to have it then nearly died of Covid he remembers his kids faces as he gasped for breath and said it was a mistake not having it.

When I got my second dose of AZ I specifically cycled down to my GPs to avoid having to sit in the car for 15 minutes (especially after queuing up for ages). Not really concerned about having a reaction or whatever more the insurance implications of driving when you've been told not to.

Anyway, had the jab, was asked how I was getting home, thought the bike helmet made this obvious but said cycling, to which the nurse said I should probably wait in the car park for 15 minutes before using my bike 😆

I suppose I could have walked and pushed it for 15 mins but I just rode home 😃
For reasons I am unsure of the exit to the main Oxford centre was via a step of steep concrete steps after seeing those I can see why they want to make sure no body is going to collapse after the jab.

I am not having it neither is my mrs or the vast majority of people I know. Its already killed both my friends parents within a month. His words not mine and he has had it. Another old friend started to shake uncontrollably, went to bed thinking he was dying and woke up the next day feeling like he had.

The vaccine killed your friends parents? I'm sorry he lost them, that's just terrible.
As many of us have experienced the side effects of the vaccines can be unpleasant. I was just a bit tired, but like your other friend my wife suffered for a few days and stayed in bed feeling pretty dreadful.

Having witnessed a gasping, suffocating death a while ago, I'll take the vaccines plus boosters and accept a few days feeling dreadful every single time.
The benefit massively outweighs the risk, for me.

I'd rather not be in an aircraft, sports event, concert or tightly packed pub/restaurant/supermarket with people that are increasing my or my family's risk of meeting the same fate, and the sooner we move to a position of selective entry into these environments the better.

Last edited:
The official UK Covid website has added a vaccination map of England, showing the percentage adult vaccine takeup for each area. This is for the Birmingham area, but the situation is similar across all of our major cities, with a far poorer uptake in inner cities than the rest of the country as a whole.

covvac1.png

It is time to start targeting these areas and educating the people that their inaction is putting everyone's health at risk. They can't all be loony conspiracy theorists. According to ONS figures, only five people in England have died as a result of being vaccinated (between Jan and May 2021), compared to over one hundred and twenty-eight thousand from Covid itself.

Another way to view the city take-up is that the inner cities tend to skew to a younger population than suburbs and the country - many of which will only just be getting a chance to get their first dose.

Another way to view the city take-up is that the inner cities tend to skew to a younger population than suburbs and the country - many of which will only just be getting a chance to get their first dose.
There could be a small 'young adult' influence in this situation, especially around university areas. The map shown was for first vaccine take-up and the key for it is below, the values vary from below 40% in one of the inner city areas, to over 90% in some rural areas, far more of a deviation than any age demographic difference could explain.

covvac1.png

According to ONS figures, only five people in England have died as a result of being vaccinated (between Jan and May 2021), compared to over one hundred and twenty-eight thousand from Covid itself.

And two of those five are known to a contributor to this thread, what are the odds of that?

I'll take my chances with the vaccine thanks, as someone with a respiratory disorder and on the clinically extremely vulnerable list the prospects of getting Covid wouldn't be good for me. Also anything that stops me going back into shielding again I'm all for, I want my life back.

And two of those five are known to a contributor to this thread, what are the odds of that?

I'll take my chances with the vaccine thanks, as someone with a respiratory disorder and on the clinically extremely vulnerable list the prospects of getting Covid wouldn't be good for me. Also anything that stops me going back into shielding again I'm all for, I want my life back.

It's actually three deaths for England and zero for Wales since March 2020, where the vaccination is deemed to be 'involved' in the cause of death.
Deaths due to the vaccine (as the underlying cause) are stated as zero for England and Wales. March 2020 to May 2021.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...asets/monthlymortalityanalysisenglandandwales
Table 12

I have to say It hasn;t stopped me but I do know someone who nearly died from his first jab, honestly it nearly killed him was in ICU for a few weeks.. did survive and obvioulsy advised he didn't get the second jab.

Well its obvious, there are big mountains at the edge to stop the water and fish running away. ;)

I know someone who believes every theory going including that the earth is flat. In all seriousness, he believes that there is actually a big wall around the earth (none of this mountains rubbish) and that no one can actually see it or take a picture of it because 'they' won't let you get close enough :tinhat:

He's not going to have a jab either :roll:

Last edited:
Having witnessed a gasping, suffocating death a while ago, I'll take the vaccines plus boosters and accept a few days feeling dreadful every single time.
The benefit massively outweighs the risk, for me.

Spot on.

My Granddad died from Tuberculosis when i was in my early teens that is not a sight i ever want to see again.

It's actually three deaths for England and zero for Wales since March 2020, where the vaccination is deemed to be 'involved' in the cause of death.
Deaths due to the vaccine (as the underlying cause) are stated as zero for England and Wales. March 2020 to May 2021.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...asets/monthlymortalityanalysisenglandandwales
Table 12
Yes, sorry, I have now spotted my mistake, I saw 2 in April's figures and 3 in May's, I hadn't realised that they were cumulative numbers.

According to ONS figures, only five people in England have died as a result of being vaccinated (between Jan and May 2021), compared to over one hundred and twenty-eight thousand from Covid itself.
According to the Govt yellow card adverse reactions, there have been 1,403 fatalities reported as a result of the vaccine. Your figure of 128,000 deaths from covid isn't strictly accurate. As far as I know there are no figures available for deaths from covid, the figure you quote is deaths within 28 days of a positive test.

I'd rather not be in an aircraft, sports event, concert or tightly packed pub/restaurant/supermarket with people that are increasing my or my familiy's risk of meeting the same fate, and the sooner we move to a position of selective entry into these environments the better.
You are aware you can still contract and spread the virus even if you have been vaccinated, aren't you? These "vaccines" only lessen the effects of the virus, to hopefully keep you out of hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back