No covid jab

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say that one adult passes it on to your family where they could well have not done so if vaccinated and they get sick - different ball game then.
If I thought like that my children would not be at school. I am not an anti Vax by any stretch but where do you draw the line.

I have young children at primary school, so I don't see the point me getting annoyed that an adult decides not to get a vaccine.
My wife has both vaccines I have my first. Obviously all my children don't.

A couple of points here.

Covid is a weird illness where children are less likely to contract it than adults. So are less likely to be disease vectors.

Children are also far less likely to suffer severe effects or death so combined with lower rates of incidence are not a priority for the vaccine. Once everyone else is vaccinated they will probably be offered the vaccine.

But what is most important here is that proportion of the adult population cannot receive a vaccine at all. This is generally due to having a compromised immune system. (normally through genetics, treatment for cancer etc)
Because they cannot have the vaccine and their immune system does not work properly then their risk of death is much higher than it would be for the general population.

So, why should we get annoyed at an adult not getting the vaccine? Because they are endangering the lives of others who do not have that choice. It's the same reason why we get annoyed at people who break speed limits and drive dangerously.

Someone above said it is personal choice and it is but when they tell you the reasons why they are not having a jab and its the usual conspiracy theory **** not a medical reason I have to leave it there and walk away, two blokes at work openly tell you why you shouldn't get the jab if you mention you are going for yours. aheadbutt

I have heard all the conspiracy theories from my brother but I have also heard from people with genuine reasons. One retired nurse I was talking to refused on the basis that it was rushed through and could have unknown long term side effects.
He never once told me not to get it and I respect his decision as stated above its his personal choice.

I had my second one last week all I can say when it comes to the time when you are asked if you have been vaccinated and asked to show the card you were given and if you cant do that you get turned away then what will they say.

I have heard all the conspiracy theories from my brother but I have also heard from people with genuine reasons. One retired nurse I was talking to refused on the basis that it was rushed through and could have unknown long term side effects.
He never once told me not to get it and I respect his decision as stated above its his personal choice.

It being rushed through IS a conspiracy theory. The vaccines had a greater number of lab and clinical hours than any other vaccine. But paperwork was expedited.. not rushed.

Long term side effects ARE conspiracy theories. Especially when you consider what the long term side effects of Covid are.

None of these are valid reasons for not taking the vaccine.

I am from a large family, I have a couple of brothers who come out with the conspiracy theories. Then I have one brother who wouldn't look out of place running north Korea.
Personally I believe in getting vaccinated but I don't think we should be chasing the ones down the street with a pitch fork that refuse it

I have a couple of relatives who won't get it done, one because it's going to kill us in a couple of years and the other because Bill Gates wants 5G autism or something logical like that.

No one is getting chased with a pitchfork, but pointing out how stupid they are for resisting basic science and essentially endangering other people and all knock on effects of that like damaging the economy, based on their nonsensical beliefs, should be par for the course for anyone remotely sensible. If someone says their opinion matters but that opinion doesn't pass even a basic critique, then **** their opinion and **** them.

My answer to the long term negative health implications lot is at my age if it takes 20 years for these negative effects to materialise I would probably be pushing up daisies anyway.

Prof. Whitty in his briefing last night told us about the effectiveness of the vaccines against the Delta variant. He showed that one dose offers around 25% reduction in transmission and 85% reduction in the chance of admission. After two doses those numbers improved to 85% and 98%. Giving time for more people to have received two doses is why “freedom day” has been delayed a little but these numbers also show why people should get the vaccine, those are pretty compelling reasons - or should be.

Unknown possible long-term side effects of the vaccine are unlikely but are in any case trumped for me by the known and imminent danger of Covid.

Children may be vaccinated but not until there is a body of evidence from those countries already starting to vaccinate children. It’s entirely likely that new variants will emerge and probable in my view that variants will emerge that are more virulent in the young so I expect they will have to be vaccinated at some point as the risk/benefit ratio swings in favour of having a vaccine.

One of my daughters is extremely suspicious about the whole affair and spends too much time on so-called “uncensored” websites where people tell each other fantastic stories. She has at least had the vaccine I’m pleased to say.

If people refuse the vaccine that's absolutely fine... but they should then not be given free NHS treatment if/when they become hospitalised athumb..
😂 😂 😂
Careful Hoppy, you’re opening the door to those who think people that smoke shouldn’t be treated, people that drink shouldn’t be treated, people that take drugs shouldn’t be treated, people that expose their skin to the sun shouldn’t be treated, people that are overweight…

I’d say the number of people that deserve to get NHS treatment would probably number 5!

It's choice...but mainly driven by rubbish...chap works with me says he's not having it because "in two years time you'll be dead"...
He also thinks that the metal nose former in a face mask has a satellite tracker built in...
just tell him if he paid cash for his masks he can be tracked but they wont know who their tracking :laugh8:

My answer to the long term negative health implications lot is at my age if it takes 20 years for these negative effects to materialise I would probably be pushing up daisies anyway.
Totally agree I've been potentially exposed to all sort of substances with long term health effects. Asbestos in old school buildings when deploying networks etc. Not forgetting Alchohol. At 55yr old I'm not too fussed about any potential vaccine related issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back