No fermentation started on wine after 3 days

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa Thornhill

Reaction score
Hi I set of a wine kit on Sunday and as yet no bubbles are coming out of the airlock. The temp should be ok as we set of a beer kit at the same time and that is going really well. Any ideas??

What are you making it in?

If the answer is a FV it may not be airtight it's something we see asked here often and it's usually the answer.

I never get bubbles from the FV air trap, just lift the lid an you'll be able to see or hear if there's any fermentation. I've had a wine ferment take four days to get going, the room temp was a little low at 17c.

The other thing to check is that you've not added the stabiliser sachet instead of yeast nutrient, it's easily done.

Hi all had to transfer to another fv as the lid was not sealing properly but still no fermentation can anyone suggest anything please

No didn't use hydrometer as I think maybe faulty need to buy a new one. There are no gas escaping from airlock so presumed not fermenting.
When we have done beer been constantly bubbling but nothing with the wine. We definitely new to all this.

Never take airlock activity as a sign of fermentation unless you are 100% sure the FV is airtight, i have 2 FV's and one has never shown activity the other a ritchies one that cost more has always shown activity, if you really don't think anything is happening the only way to be sure is by tasking an hydrometer reading over several days.

The difference between my FV's is on the one that is airtight the lid has these blocks around the edge which makes it much stiffer and hard to get on and off the other flimsy cheap one is easy to get on and off and isn't airtight.

Bucket-LID-with-Grommet-Ritches_5142.jpg

Latest posts

Back