No fizz

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Urbangoose

Reaction score
Brewed a decent blonde a few weeks back - all bottled, no fizz! Not sure if I calculated wrong, but at nearly 100 home brews, pretty familiar with the process. Left for nearly two weeks in the warm - any steer what I can do to recover. i mean, it flat!

Dutto

Dutto
Reaction score
Difficult to understand!

If you put the carbonation sugar in and put the cap on the bottles properly, at two weeks you should have something; even if it’s only a small “Phtt”when you open a bottle!

Like you “Stumped!” Sorry!
:hat:

Urbangoose

Reaction score
Difficult to understand!

If you put the carbonation sugar in and put the cap on the bottles properly, at two weeks you should have something; even if it’s only a small “Phtt”when you open a bottle!

Like you “Stumped!” Sorry!
:hat:
The is the smallest Phttt - wondering if keeping them another week would work - or perhaps popping open and adding sugar before re capping?

hoppyscotty

Regular.
Reaction score
I suspect your yeast is now inactive. Maybe dose the bottles with more yeast? e.g. rehydrating yeast and use a syringe to dose with about 5ml or so, or decant back into a bucket and dose the whole batch and re-bottle?

I did try this recently with a Belgian Triple that failed to carbonate but it failed unfortunately but worth a try. Other than that decant into a keg and force carbonate but if you've added priming sugar you'll end up with a sweeter beer.

Latest posts