No more!!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thodd

Reaction score
I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

.... after 10 months and about 250 bottles the last batch was the last straw..... its in the bin and I'm getting a Bench Capper.

Horrible cap mangling bottle slipping, fear generating, time consuming, obscenity inducing, piece of ********!

IMG_3605.jpg

I can understand the draw to bench capper but I never have any issues with these hand clappers.. I done thousands of bottles and hardley ever waste a cap.. I always but the bottle between my legs..

Maybe I am weird I cap on the kitchen floor :oops: but I have found a knack which really works

edit moved the thread to equipment discussion forum

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

.... after 10 months and about 250 bottles the last batch was the last straw..... its in the bin and I'm getting a Bench Capper.

Horrible cap mangling bottle slipping, fear generating, time consuming, obscenity inducing, piece of ********!
Something is telling me you may not favour that particular piece of equipment????? Hmmmm

I can understand the draw to bench capper but I never have any issues with these hand clappers.. I done thousands of bottles and hardley ever waste a cap.. I always but the bottle between my legs..

Maybe I am weird I cap on the kitchen floor :oops: but I have found a knack which really works

edit moved the thread to equipment discussion forum

I'm so jealous!
I'm a fairly healthy bloke.... i can run a 5k in a moderately reasonable time..... but this thing leaves me in a sweaty angry mess.

It only ever capped half of the cap meaning I had to turn the bottle around and do it multiple times.
One of the arms would always "clunk" and slip outwards meaning the bottle would go flying, so I always had to apply extra pressure on one side to prevent it from happening.

Maybe a kegarator is the way of the future .....hmmmmmm
I can feel hours of research and a new project on the horizon! :whistle:

I'm so jealous!
I'm a fairly healthy bloke.... i can run a 5k in a moderately reasonable time..... but this thing leaves me in a sweaty angry mess.

It only ever capped half of the cap meaning I had to turn the bottle around and do it multiple times.
One of the arms would always "clunk" and slip outwards meaning the bottle would go flying, so I always had to apply extra pressure on one side to prevent it from happening.

Maybe a kegarator is the way of the future .....hmmmmmm
I can feel hours of research and a new project on the horizon! :whistle:
I think we can all safely assume you don't like it..
bottles really are a double edged sword

maybe its just a poor capper - i went straight to a bench capper and bottled my first lost just a couple days ago tho and i was dead chuffed with it - it can only get better right :)

It's not my fave job either (though it's better than sanitising the b**gers....)- my missus helps me with mine. I pass her bottles, she fills using bottling wand on FV and then caps :)

I have no problem with mine at all, its the red one with a magnetic holder?
Maybe its a different design

Yup, this is the one I use. Its called 'Emily' I believe, and I've never had a problem with it either. With a little care it even does the Wytchwood bottles with a single pressing.

To misquote Full Metal Jacket

This is my capper. There are many like it but this one is mine. My capper is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my capper is useless. Without my capper I am useless. :D

I had/have one of those(Youngs) and it's clapped out , didn't last long. Got a metal one off ebay and it is far far better:thumb:

Come on, stop beating about the bush and tell us what you really think.:lol::lol:

I do sympathise. I prefer bottles to kegs but am always wary when using my capper. I have a fair few of the plastic beer bottles you can get from Wilkos and love them. They look like beer bottles, I can tell if the beers carbed by squeezing it and I just need to screw the cap on to seal.

KG

I brought one because they are supposed to be easier and am going to screw it to a heavy chopping board

That particular model you've got is really ****. I had one and it did the same. I've got this red and chrome one now that was only a few quid more and it works great.

I also have a bench capper but to be honest the hand capper isn't really any slower if you get a good one. My bench capper has a tendency to put the caps on wonky if the bottle is slightly off centre but that's impossible with the hand capper.

Latest posts

Back