No trucks, CO2 and Christmas is cancelled.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if all the climate nuts are happy or sad that they have free reign to fly to the US and back, again?

I doubt those that are serious about stopping global warming and the destruction of the planet are likely to be the ones that cannot wait to jump on a plane and visit a foreign country.

I doubt those that are serious about stopping global warming and the destruction of the planet are likely to be the ones that cannot wait to jump on a plane and visit a foreign country.

Ye but how many 'hardcore' ones are there? About 15 maybe....

All these negative Nellies everywhere! It's the attitude that's depressing me, not the shortages.
We are where we are, so let's get on with it!

And if one more person blames Brexit I'm going to have an aneurism. Sure Brexit's not helping but the entire world is short of stuff and you don't have to google too hard to see it's not all Boris' fault :)

https://bfy.tw/RgLQ
We've managed to eat meat for millions of years without CO2.
There are other means of humane dispatch.
eg We have electrical stunning and I don't think we're running out of electrons just yet.

About wagon drivers. First off, we're importing way too many things we can make or grow here. Buy local, buy low food miles. So you want strawberries in November and kumquats in July? Spoiled rotten, we are.
Eat seasonally. Better for you and better for the planet.
For things we really must import, apparently we have flexibility over immigration now. Are there not enough experienced drivers in the entire world that we can't invite to work here, while we do what we should have done long ago and make professional driving a career choice with benefits that make it attractive for young people to invest their future in?

Oh it's terrible, little Johnny won't get his slave-produced PlayStation6, Jenny won't get her injection moulded Disney princess doll from Guangdong, and Christmas won't be Christmas without Roquefort and Saint Maure on the cheese board. Pah!

As for the empty shelves at Christmas, read 'Christmas shortage of mass produced plastic **** from China sweatshops'. Make a special beer or bake something nice for your loved ones. Digital-age kids? Get them a Raspberry Pi each (made in Wales) and they can make their own entertainment.

As my mate John says, "Don't make your problem my problem"
And as *Linford Christie said. "P.M.A. ... Positive mental attitude."
(*although that might have been the drugs talking)

This made my day! Bang on! clapa

The CO2 situation really can't be as bad as the doom-mongers would have it.
I ordered 20 S30 refills for the shop today - no problems whatsoever...!

The CO2 situation really can't be as bad as the doom-mongers would have it.
I ordered 20 S30 refills for the shop today - no problems whatsoever...!

There will be stocks of it all over the place for awhile but businesses that use a lot of it (see video) are already struggling.

Usual press scaremongering nonsense

No trucks - great, then they won't be in my way

No Co2 - rubbish - I have had my 6kg bottle refilled today, usual price and the guy said that they will be no supply issue (providing I continue to give him some bottles of home brew)

Christmas cancelled - if only - they are even bringing religion into it these days, spoiling the commercial bonanza it is for big business.

No trucks - great, then they won't be in my way

If they cannot get drivers to come back the country is going to suffer who is going to deliver your next group buy.

There are many reasons drivers have left and people are not interested in learning -

When I read the papers, listen to radio, or watch TV, I completely ignore any 'news' which includes the words could, perhaps, might, probably, etc. That rules out 99% of the doom and gloom.

Crisis overted, Boris has slipped the Joe a fiver from the British tax payers pocket and Joe's going to re-open the two fertiliser plants in the uk.athumb..

Breathing in nitrogen will surely despatch livestock in a humane way. There have been a few nitrogen death in labs due to lack of ventilation and in humans no gag response unlike co2 so is that the same for animals? Anyway I reckon the govt are going to subsidize gas for the fertilizer producers to get them to start back up to get the co2 flowing again.

Why am I replying to my own post?

I just wanted to bask in the glow of being right for once wink...

All this stuff about fuel-supply problems... it's a dastardly ploy to get everyone so fed up that they buy a leccy car.

Back