non-carbonated beer Ale beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiteeagle

Reaction score
Hi all.

About 3 weeks ago I bottled my Woodforde's Wherry ALE beer ( from home kit ) to a 500ml plastic bottles and I added two carbonation drops to each bottle.
Beer was 1st two days in a room temperature and then ower two weeks in a shed .

Now opened 3 bottles to check and the beer are completely non-carbonate .Each bottle have a white Sludge in the bottom.
Any idea why is like that ?

Kind regards
AJ

Attachments

• 15473029611082471520211197697570.jpg
    15473029611082471520211197697570.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 47
Hi , needs longer to carbonate than 2 days, I think this kit yeast can be slow, I'd bring the bottles back to the warm,give them a gentle agitate to lift the yeast/sugar drop and leave them for 2 weeks to carb properly.You will be able to feel to see if the bottles are hardening as the carbonation develops.

Hi DavieC and thank you for your reply.

I will move the lot back home to a room temperature and leave it for 2 weeks hope it will carbonate the beer :))

As @DavieC suggests, 2 weeks inside to carb up, then I'd leave them out in the shed for another 2 weeks min to condition to get the best out of your brew.

A lot depends on when you bottle. If you do it the instant the wort stops fermenting then a few days in the warm will have your beer carbed up because the yeast was still active when you bottled. If on the other hand it's a week or more since fermentation stopped and the beer has started to clear then there'll be less yeast in the beer and it'll be inactive and will take time to get going again. So 2 weeks in the warm. This will be even more so if you've chilled your beer after fermentation.

Latest posts

Back