Noob homebrewer saying hello!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EveryoneKnowsADave

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I'd post a quick message to say hello. I'm fairly new to homebrewing although I've been into craft beer for some time. My favourite styles are BA Stouts, West Coast and New England IPAs and good old crisp lagers.

Equipment wise, I'm part way through a 4 keg keezer build which should hopefully be ready next week. Its part of a shed conversion which I hope will be ready in a couple of months. I plan to start brewing with extract kits to begin with. I've done one before years ago which was successful so starting with that again. Long term would like to get into all grain.

Anyway, hiya all acheers.

welcome to the forum @DavieC.
nice place to be.
let us know what you brew.

Thanks 😊

I think I'm going to start with a lager to be honest. Nothing too exciting but it's a drink a few folk in the family like so a good one for my first keg. I've been doing a bit of reading on here and the Coopers European or Canadian Blonde seem to be quite popular suggestions.

I'm wondering if there's a larger kit that I can brew that takes advantage of the empty keezer's temperature control abilities, maybe something that benefits from a lower fermentation temp.

Thanks 😊

I think I'm going to start with a lager to be honest. Nothing too exciting but it's a drink a few folk in the family like so a good one for my first keg. I've been doing a bit of reading on here and the Coopers European or Canadian Blonde seem to be quite popular suggestions.

I'm wondering if there's a larger kit that I can brew that takes advantage of the empty keezer's temperature control abilities, maybe something that benefits from a lower fermentation temp.
Get some proper lager yeast like this replacing the kit yeast as the yeast provided is normally an ale strain to allow fermenting at room temperature. Using the lager yeast will let you drop the temperature in the keezer and give you a cleaner crisper lager in return.
Welcome to the forum...

Back