North Argyll

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyberjip

Regular.
Reaction score
I just moved into this area and started homebrewing. And was wondering if anyone else is in this area.

Also where do you think is best to get/order ingredients from.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I get everything off the internet. The homebrew company are quite good for bulk grain as they don't charge as much of an extra for postage to Highlands for me.

Where abouts are you?

I'm North of Oban in Benderloch. I used to use the home brew shop but have actually just order from the home brew company as the delivery didn't get the "highland tax"

It also seems that one of the Edinburgh home brew store doesn't charge extra to the highlands. Maybe I'll try them next time.

I'm North of Oban in Benderloch. I used to use the home brew shop but have actually just order from the home brew company as the delivery didn't get the "highland tax"

It also seems that one of the Edinburgh home brew store doesn't charge extra to the highlands. Maybe I'll try them next time.
Aye the Edinburgh place is decent enough but pricy for most things. I get small stuff from them like yeast etc.

I find up in these parts you're best getting a grain mill and a few sacks of uncrushed malt to have around.

Will be around bendy at some point I'm sure will drop in hops if you want.

Quite a good wild mushroom spot there btw when the season comes back around although a few people know about it..

I find up in these parts you're best getting a grain mill and a few sacks of uncrushed malt to have around.

Will be around bendy at some point I'm sure will drop in hops if you want.

Quite a good wild mushroom spot there btw when the season comes back around although a few people know about it..

Good to know.

Like I said I have just ordered from HBC so not in any real rush for the hops. I can wait till after you get the other lot in.

500g of all the varieties you still have avalible would be awesome. Just let me know the total price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back