North Kent Homebrew Club

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan125

BIAB brewer
Reaction score
If anyone's looking for a homebrew club in the North Kent area I can highly recommend https://nofrillsjoe.co.uk/pages/home-brew-club.

I didn't think there were any clubs in this part of the world, but I've been going for the last 6 months after hearing about it from a fellow forumite.

It's not very well publicised but like the website says its a monthly meeting hosted by the small No Frills Joe Brewery in Northfleet - in between Dartford & Gravesend, close to Bluewater, short walk from Swanscombe station.

Its an informal affair where we generally just try each other's beers (and the latest offering from the brewery), give feedback and chat beer.

The owner/brewer, Jack, is a very knowledgable ex-homebrewer and the crowd is a friendly bunch making an amazingly diverse range of beers, but we could do with a few more enthusiastic brewers to get involved.

Not sure if there's a meeting in November as we are going to Brewcon - where we have a table at club night:groupdancing:

But it would be great to see a few new faces in December if any local members are interested? acheers.

The club website page has been updated with a link to the brewery's FB event page where the date for the next meeting will be posted first, but I'll update here when its available.

This month's meeting is on Friday 20th Dec, from 6.30pm - at the brewery; 50 Wakefield Road, DA9 9JE.

Hope to see a few of you there with a bottle or two of your latest brew acheers.

Last edited:
It's in the diary, see you for some pre Christmas beers
acheers.
Nice one Dave are you taking along any beers? I don't think my Cwtch kit will be at its best yet so I'll save it for the Jan meeting, but I'm keen to get some feedback on my latest hazy IPA before I rebrew for a comp.

Anyone else coming along??

My cwtch won't be ready so we can compare next month. I have got a couple of bottles of the brew Con Amber, American Brown and Galaxy Pale for this month.. plenty to go round:onechug:
Looking forward to trying Jack's new Stout..

Just moved some bottles into the kitchen fridge, ready for tomorrow's meeting (i'm defo going to make it this time :laugh8:)
Hope to see a few of you there, and I've already got my 'lack of refrigeration'/'bottles were in a fire' excuses ready for you @dave_77 ;) will be interesting to see how our Cwtchs and Sabro APAs compare.
acheers.

Just moved some bottles into the kitchen fridge, ready for tomorrow's meeting (i'm defo going to make it this time :laugh8:)
Hope to see a few of you there, and I've already got my 'lack of refrigeration'/'bottles were in a fire' excuses ready for you @dave_77 ;) will be interesting to see how our Cwtchs and Sabro APAs compare.
acheers.
Although cwtch is getting better I think we will start with it, then it can only get better hopefullyasad.

Great to see a few new faces, and to drink a few great beers at homebrew club tonight clapa
Good range of beers being brewed:
APA
AAA
Golden ale
Bitter
Dark lager
Stout
Red ale (least said the better:laugh8:)
And a cracking coffee stout from Jack at the brewery :hat:

Looking forward to next month already acheers.

20200116_232805.jpg
20200116_232826.jpg

Just to say Hi - just joined the forum - thanks for the nice meeting.
I'll brew a Witbier this weekend - hope that is ready for the next meeting !

Just to say Hi - just joined the forum - thanks for the nice meeting.
I'll brew a Witbier this weekend - hope that is ready for the next meeting !

Nice one Gio athumb.. Welcome aboard! Lovely to meet you both last week, and I'm looking forward to trying your Wit.
I'll definitely have my latest attempt at a NEIPA to bring along next time, and maybe one more, if I get permission to brew this weekend.
acheers.

I allways like to wellcome new members.

Homebrew is one of the most social hobbies in the world.
You can do it enteirly on your own or get the neighbours involved its your choice.!!!!

Morning all,
This month's meeting is on Thursday 13th February, from 6.30pm - at No Frills Joe brewery; 50 Wakefield Road, DA9 9JE

https://nofrillsjoe.co.uk/pages/home-brew-club
athumb..
I'll be along by 7.30 latest with my rather dissappointing neipa and probably the latest user upper brew, which is really just another, slightly less hoppy, hazy ipa with a dash of light crystal :laugh8:
I'm going to brew something different next, promise. wink...

Sounds good to me, be interesting to hear what concoction when into the user upperacheers.. I'm going to bring a Czech dark lager & a Euro Kviek IPA...I'm hoping they will have both carbed up a bit before next week. Lager had very low carbonation a week ago so hopefully another 2 weeks will sort it.

Looking forward to tomorrow night's meeting now - don't think I've ever tried a Euro Kviek IPA before :hat:did you use Euro hops?
Hope to see you there @dave_77 , @Gio , @beerison and a few others ??
acheers.

Back