North London Newb

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny G

Reaction score
Hi - Just saying hello, joined the forum a week or so ago and have been lurking and picking up lots of new information that will no doubt be useful once I get started. I have never brewed beer before but love drinking it, so the hope is I will be able to produce some ok tasting beers. So, just need to figure out what equipment to buy and where I can hide it from the wife (big expenditure items are also on lockdown apparently).

Hi Kenny, welcome to the forum.

I grew up in North London and know that it lacks for a home brew shop, but the likes of Wilko & the Range do some of the basics, plus there's the internet of course. To work out what equipment you will need depends on the type of brewing you wish to do, kit brewing just needs a fermenting bucket, bottles and a few odds & sods, extract brewing also needs a boiler of some kind and a few extra bits, or the full rabbit hole of all grain brewing, where the sky is the limit.

Most of all don't be afraid to ask questions, whatever it is, someone on here has been there before.

Welcome to the Forum.
Basic shopping list and a start on the basics here
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/...de-to-brewing-your-own-beer-from-a-kit.57526/If you buy a ready made up starter kit (as sold by some online suppliers like The Homebrew Shop) I personally would avoid one with a PB because there is an evens chance it will cause you problems later on due to leaks and failures. Thats a decision you can take later on.

Welcome to the forum, there is a brewclub in Hackney central that I use sometimes for grains, hops and yeast. if you are close, im not a member, but it is good for a those items and I save on post for small amounts..

Latest posts

Back