North sea bridges beer Collab review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divrack

Regular.
Reaction score
Being a big fan of fyne Ales I stopped in at the brewery the other day and picked up a multi pack of collaborations between Scottish and Scandinavian breweries that sounded interesting.
http://www.fyneales.com/shop/beers/mixed-case:-north-sea-bridges-series-one
Unfortunately beer after beer turned out to be a poorly done mess in my opinion, and I'm pretty open minded. Fallen brew Collab was an absurdly saffrony mess, there was a two dimensional sour with dry hopping that was ok but a waste of a better beer, fyne Ales lingonberry ryepa was fairly nice but a bit muddy.
Pilot had an almost ok but not nice collision of a brut ipa with unnecessary fruit, and overall I was thinking what a waste of everyone's time, and my money, when, going for the last can, a Collab between fierce and To Ol, a black sour with raspberry, finally a really effing good worthwhile beer!
Success!
That's the thing with all this new wave stuff. The vast majority is total pish, but now and again a few good breweries do something that really makes all the fails worthwhile.
Anyway I wouldn't get the whole box for it, but if you get the chance try the 'blood of nidhogger'. It's great.
I do also have a box of the fyne Ales limited origins release, which if the last lot are anything to go by should be epic.
God what a lot of words I wrote just to say I like this damn beer in drinking... Internet is sooper

Latest posts

Back