Northern Monk Eternal session IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carpersbrewing

Reaction score
Hi,
I really love Northern Monk eternal session IPA and what to give it a go to try and make. Has anyone got a recipe for it or have any idea in where to start? any help will be much appreciated.

Have you tried their pale ale Faith? I have a clone recipe I found on a Facebook group that came out extremely nice. If your interested I will post the recipe.

I haven't seen a recipe for eternal anywhere though.

Have you tried their pale ale Faith? I have a clone recipe I found on a Facebook group that came out extremely nice. If your interested I will post the recipe.

I haven't seen a recipe for eternal anywhere though.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Faith recipe if you don’t mind? One of my mates raves about this beer!

Here is the recipe I used the grain bill was for a 23l batch but I decided I wanted it weaker so went for 25l. I used voss kveik cause that's what I had on hand.
Northern Monk Faith my version - Martin https://share.brewfather.app/2cUHTfDQfBkmez

Screenshot_20191117_174210_com.android.chrome.jpg

Here is the recipe I used the grain bill was for a 23l batch but I decided I wanted it weaker so went for 25l. I used voss kveik cause that's what I had on hand.
Northern Monk Faith my version - Martin https://share.brewfather.app/2cUHTfDQfBkmez

View attachment 21564
Wow man, I'm a big fan of this beer so am very keen to give this one a go!

Can I just query with you the fermentation temperature of 35c, I've never seen a fermentation temperature that high before is that right?!

Thanks in advance

Can I just query with you the fermentation temperature of 35c, I've never seen a fermentation temperature that high before is that right?!

It's "normal" (but on the high side of normal) for kveik, but there's some debate whether you really want to ferment Voss in particular that high, some people don't care for some of the flavours you get at that temperature.

Halve that temperature if you're using a normal yeast...

Thanks for that. Will have Go at this with a non - kveik yeast that I'm more familiar with.

Like Northern Brewer said 35 isn't exactly normal I was just experimenting a bit with kveik. When I brew this again I will most likely use something like us05 or wyeast American ale 1056 and ferment at regular temp.

Latest posts

Back