Northwest UK based

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannieeee

Reaction score
Hey guys just starting to get into this properly after occasionally brewing the odd wine kit/melomel for a few years not really knowing much of what i was doing. Looks like a really nice community here and i look forward to being a part of it

Just up the road from me in Ormskirk. I think there a couple of other regulars in the Southport/Halsall area too.

Welcome!

Hey guys just starting to get into this properly after occasionally brewing the odd wine kit/melomel for a few years not really knowing much of what i was doing. Looks like a really nice community here and i look forward to being a part of it
Did it taste good, though?
Welcome indeed. I'm interested in melomel, what did you make?

Did it taste good, though?
Welcome indeed. I'm interested in melomel, what did you make?
I’ve not really had a bad batch yet I’ve been really lucky tbh, I kinda freestyled the spices in the melomel using my knowledge as a chef, used a really light poly flora honey with cinnamon, star anise, kaffir lime leaves, cardamom pods and a single clementine and a lemon for acidity both cut into 8, can’t remember the SG but I aimed for around 14%, fermented it totally dry at a low temp of around 16°C which must have took about 3 months in total then racked it and let it naturally clear, primed it then bottled it in swing tops, the result is kinda like a very lightly spiced Honey Prosecco with quite bold citrus tones

Back