Norwich Amateur Brewers Homebrew Competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up @Hazelwood Brewery. I’m going enter but I’ve never entered a competition before - what on earth does this mean:

Enclose each of your bottle labels in a small zip-top bag before attaching to their respective bottles.

Put the bottle label in a freezer bag and then wrap it round the bottle with a rubber band?

Thanks for the heads up @Hazelwood Brewery. I’m going enter but I’ve never entered a competition before - what on earth does this mean:

Enclose each of your bottle labels in a small zip-top bag before attaching to their respective bottles.

Put the bottle label in a freezer bag and then wrap it round the bottle with a rubber band?
I don’t know that many people do that. I just tape the label onto the bottle.

I think these are precautions in case one bottle gets smashed in transit they may have enough to judge so long as the remaining labels arent ruined. I just send PET bottles labelled and in a Jiffy bag.

I came here to post details, and I find you've beaten me to it! I'll post it all again anyway!

Norwich Amateur Brewers are pleased to announce their first ever national competition. The Hoptober Homebrew Competition.

This is a brew-off celebrating hop-forward beers. That is to say: all things IPA.

The Hoptober Homebrew Competition will take place on Saturday 15th October, hosted by the amazing Andy and Amy at Ampersand Brewery, Diss.

There will be a limit of 120 entries, and for the time being there will be a limit of 1 entry per person.

Book your place here. https://competitions.norwichamateurbrewers.co.uk/

As usual with these kind of comps, you are welcome to come along and judge / steward.

We're delighted that in 3 days over half the places have been booked.

<we are grateful for the support we are receiving from other competition organisers - you know who you are!>

Attachments

• Image from iOS (1).jpg
    Image from iOS (1).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 0
Has anyone printed their bottle labels or is this option not available yet?
You must have paid to be able to print the label.

Assuming you have paid, you need to check the box on the entry to indicate which beer you want to print the label for (even if you only have one entry).

A shout out for our friends at Crossmyloof Brewing, who will be providing a table winner with an all grain kit of their choice.

I reckon most people reading this will know Steve, Tom, Cammy and Mark at Crossmyloof; their excellent, great value range of yeast; and their top banter.

Make sure you have your entry confirmed for the first ever Norwich Amateur Brewers Hoptober Homebrew Competition - for all hop forward styles.

https://competitions.norwichamateurbrewers.co.uk/

Big thanks to Crossmyloof Brewing!
www.crossmyloofbrew.co.uk

A shout out for Crisp Maltings. https://crispmalt.com/ who will be providing one lucky Hoptober table winner with a sack of Chevallier Malt.
Chevallier was the original landrace malt, dominating 19th Century brewing- rich maltiness, fullness of body, slight marmalade fruitiness. It fell out of favour in the early 20th century as more reliable yields were pursued, and it was thought the variety was lost.
Then in the early 2000s, Dr Chris Ridout of the John Innes Centre (and proud member of Norwich Amateur Brewers), worked to redevelop this wonderful strain.

Make sure you have your entry confirmed for the first ever Norwich Amateur Brewers Hoptober Homebrew Competition - for all hop forward styles.

https://competitions.norwichamateurbrewers.co.uk/

Crisp Malt Logo 800px.jpgimage (3).png
Thank you Chris, and thank you Crisp!

Back