Nosey Amazon Man?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer
Reaction score
A weird thing earlier today, I went out to my shed and noticed that the temperature on my STC controlling the brew fridge out there was sitting at 4.8c even though I have it set at 3c for lagering my German pils with a 0.3c differential. Odd, I thought, has my fridge packed in? But on closer inspection I noticed the fridge door was sitting slightly ajar, it needs a bit of a shove to close properly because it's packed in too close to the tumble dryer.

Now I know for a certainty that I closed it properly, because the STC was sitting at a perfect 3c for the last two weeks and my wife certainly wouldn't have opened it for any reason. My only answer to this is that I had an Amazon delivery yesterday and since we were out, the package was left in the shed right in front of the brew fridge. I'm wondering did the delivery guy see the digital dial on top of the fridge and let curiosity get the better of him and take a peek inside?

That wouldn't bother me if he'd shut the damn door properly afterwards, but now the fridge has been running for 24 hours straight trying to get the temperature down which probably isn't too good for the compressor :mad:

Similar experience a couple of years ago with my very first order from HBC via DHL. Noticed the package tracking showed that it had been delivered, but there was no package. After a few phone calls, HBC were about to resend the order when I had a call from a complete stranger who wanted me to remove a very heavy carton from the middle of his dining room. Not only had the driver delivered the package some 12 kms away, he'd also signed my name on the delivery sheet, entered someone's house through the conservatory and left the box in the dining room! Amazing.
I should add that, otherwise, DHL have been very good.

I suppose I can't complain too much, at least this time he put it in the right place. Normally they jus chuck it on the front step and walk away.

I suppose I can't complain too much, at least this time he put it in the right place. Normally they jus chuck it on the front step and walk away.
Ha ha ha, my latest Homebrew Company delivery (DPD) was left by the side of our track in the pouring rain about half a mile away but at least the driver phoned to tell me so no harm done.

A weird thing earlier today, I went out to my shed and noticed that the temperature on my STC controlling the brew fridge out there was sitting at 4.8c even though I have it set at 3c for lagering my German pils with a 0.3c differential. Odd, I thought, has my fridge packed in? But on closer inspection I noticed the fridge door was sitting slightly ajar, it needs a bit of a shove to close properly because it's packed in too close to the tumble dryer.
I am reliably informed that sheds are very often checked out by ne'r-do-wells on the lookout for stuff to nick, and for hidden spare keys that can be used to gain access to the main property.

I'd be annoyed that the delivery person looked inside, and more annoyed that he left the door open.

With my work I am often in peoples houses unsupervised, and I'd be mortified if they even thought I'd been looking in their fridge (or other areas), not less actually had done it.

If the driver did, I think this is a big breach of trust.

£4:95 free postage - Practical Baby Kids Safety Lock Proof Cabinet Drawer Fridge Cupboard Door Pro 701160630600 | eBay

1605558020672.png

Reminds me of a job I had in the early 90's repairing stuff in all the big banks and used to be left unsupervised in places that had very large amounts of cash lying around, due to one of the directors of my company saying anyone would be sacked if they were suspected of stealing anything I used to ask the person that was my contact at the bank to count all the money and check any personal belongings that were there i.e. handbags etc and make them write down and sign saying that all was counted for. To say the least it was a tad embarassing but they soon learnt to put me somewhere different.

Now I know for a certainty that I closed it properly, because the STC was sitting at a perfect 3c for the last two weeks and my wife certainly wouldn't have opened it for any reason. My only answer to this is that I had an Amazon delivery yesterday and since we were out, the package was left in the shed right in front of the brew fridge. I'm wondering did the delivery guy see the digital dial on top of the fridge and let curiosity get the better of him and take a peek inside?

That wouldn't bother me if he'd shut the damn door properly afterwards, but now the fridge has been running for 24 hours straight trying to get the temperature down which probably isn't too good for the compressor :mad:
Stick a cheap IP camera in there. You can pick them up for about £30.

I'd be annoyed that the delivery person looked inside, and more annoyed that he left the door open.

With my work I am often in peoples houses unsupervised, and I'd be mortified if they even thought I'd been looking in their fridge (or other areas), not less actually had done it.

If the driver did, I think this is a big breach of trust.
If he hadn't left the door open this thread wouldn't exist.wink...

Seeing as there are lot's of problems in the Amazon with forest fires perhaps he was just checking that there wasn't a fire in your fridge

Alright a Scottish/Highland Terrier they can stand the cold a little better

Back