Not Getting clear Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APINTA

Regular.
Reaction score
Last mth made two beers and I put them in a PB and then put the PB under the stairs the temperature there went from 15-20c (Especially last week when it was hot) .The beer was great but it is not quite clear. Now I do like my beer clear .I do know that you have to have it fairly cold to get this. Is there a easy way I can do this beside getting a fridge Is there something like a cold jacket I can buy? or failing that What about Wilco beer finnings can i use that. I know my beer is under pressure but I can re persure the PB will that be OK Though?

Last mth made two beers and I put them in a PB and then put the PB under the stairs the temperature there went from 15-20c (Especially last week when it was hot) .The beer was great but it is not quite clear. Now I do like my beer clear .I do know that you have to have it fairly cold to get this. Is there a easy way I can do this beside getting a fridge Is there something like a cold jacket I can buy? or failing that What about Wilco beer finnings can i use that. I know my beer is under pressure but I can re persure the PB will that be OK Though?

A PB may add further complications, but I like clear beer also. I leave for 2 full weeks in primary and rack to secondary for a further week before "packaging".
The longer beer is left in bottles, the clearer it gets. I doubt this bit carries over to a PB as 2 months plus is probably infeasible.

Latest posts

Back