Novatwist Reusable Plastic Screw Caps For Wine Bottles.

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A quick thread bump for the Novatwist caps as they have been discussed in another thread today.

I am still using the same ones i bought in 2015 when i posted this thread and they are still 100% airtight. :thumba:

Mr_S_Jerusalem

Landlord.
Reaction score
So do you sterilise these caps in some VWP or something before you screw them on?

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I use Milton baby stereliser tablets for all my equipment as it only takes 15 minutes and is no rinse.

Cakeshop Mike

Reaction score
Worth it when you bulk buy! I bought 120 in four different colours. Shouldn't need to buy anymore for a long while.

Mr_S_Jerusalem

Landlord.
Reaction score
So I tried these out today and they are excellent. MUCH easier than corking them.
And they look good on the bottle. And it means I don’t have to chuck away the screw cap bottles like I was doing (I’m uncomfortable using the ones they came with, they look flimsy and rubbish).
AND
How many wines in bottles do you buy these days with a cork in? For me it’s like none.

Willshill1

Reaction score
Have use them on a 30 bottle Kenridge kit , really excellent, only problem is asking people to return the bottle, don’t know what they have been doing with them , most have been destroyed, I know the solution though

Applesnmore

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My anxiety with the novatwist is the style of screw thread you are supposed to use.
Am never certain which is a single or double thread.

Willshill1

Reaction score
Had read about size of bottles etc but used various different bottles with absolutely no issue, getting ready to reorder new batch .

Vinotinto

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anybody got a decent recent UK supplier for these... I have been googling a bit but those that appear to be reasonable want about £6.50 postage to deliver 36 little pieces of plastic. Robbery!!!! ;)

Willshill1

Reaction score
Got 50 for £13.99 delivered recently on eBay , couldn’t find a link , there was a few similar sellers around that price

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Anybody got a decent recent UK supplier for these... I have been googling a bit but those that appear to be reasonable want about £6.50 postage to deliver 36 little pieces of plastic. Robbery!!!!
50 caps for £14.99 and free post.

Last edited:

Vinotinto

Landlord.
Reaction score
50 caps for £14.99 and free post.

Thanks. Works out around the same though as the few others I found. Plus of course, would any self respecting red wine drinker put gold tops on? You were not to know though to be fair.