Nucleated glasses Basingstoke-Reading area

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Head creation is enhanced, but not head retention- that's a function of the beer itself (ot the cleanliness of the glass).
Nucleated glasses have nucleation points which help the bubbles form- a bit like putting a spoonful of sugar or salt in a glass of lemonade, but on a more controlled scale. This means you'll get a head, which should also enhance the flavours, but it also mean your beer will go flat quicker. that's not a problem for session beers, but if you're drinking something strong and sipping it over a period of time, it's probably not a good idea to use such a glass.
My glass of choice is a hefewiezen glass, which had a slim "waist" and a large "bulb" at the top. The effect is that every time you straighten the glass after a swallow, the splashes back into the glass, through the narrower section, instantly renewing the head. A much better system in my opinion. I suspect "nucleated" glasses were originally a gimmick to attract the drinker's attention to the brand name etched on the bottom of the glass.
1638536446241.png

It’s also £6 postage, so works out a £1.22 a glass. I’m still ok to go ahead.

Latest posts

Back