NZ Pilsner Conditioning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyE93

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

quick question about the conditioning phase of brewing.
I bottled my NZ pilsner two weeks ago and about to move it somewhere cool to condition and clear.
My question is, is it worth putting a couple of bottles in the fridge to speed up the conditioning? The reason I ask is that I am visiting family this weekend and they’re keen to try some. If I put a few bottles in the fridge now for a couple of days, do you think it will be ready/taste ok or would it be a waste of a few bottles and it should be left?
Thanks!

If you take bottles with you, they'll get shaken up on the journey so you'll end up with cloudy beer anyway.

Have you tried it yet and if so what did you think . Im a week or two ahead of you on this . Its still a little cloudy but acceptable . First bottle i was really pleased with it as i this was the first kit i have done in a long time . Couple more bottles and still refreshing but im not convinced im a fan of the hops provided . I have read it will mellow in time .

Have you tried it yet and if so what did you think . Im a week or two ahead of you on this . Its still a little cloudy but acceptable . First bottle i was really pleased with it as i this was the first kit i have done in a long time . Couple more bottles and still refreshing but im not convinced im a fan of the hops provided . I have read it will mellow in time .
Yes, tried a few bottles this weekend with the family and it went down a treat. It wasn’t clear but the taste was good. Looking forward to leaving it a few weeks before trying again

Latest posts

Back