Quantcast

O my God

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

jof

Regular.
Reaction score
Its obviously marketed for bearded hipsters millenials who don't remember it first time round

Last edited:

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
The story is from the Daily Mail, so it's probably fake news any way
Afraid not:
Warning. Ensure you are comfortably seated with a pack of paracetamol and a pair of sunglasses before following a link to any previous crimes against humanity.

Cwrw666

Landlord.
Reaction score
We asked legendary beer sommelier Jane Peyton to tell us what she thought of the Party Seven.

"The Party Seven starts with a burst of tangerine and orange blossom in the aroma. This is repeated in the flavour with orange, grapefruit, and pine overlaying a base of malt biscuits. Smooth on the palate, the beer has a firm bitterness upfront which lingers on the finish."

Sounds amazing - can't say I've ever tasted a beer that's remotely like liquified malt biscuits mixed in with tinned fruit salad plus a dash of drain cleaner...
Must be a craft beer of some sort.

trueblue

Landlord.
Reaction score
This retched stuff has been around for a while now. As usual the daily fail is well behind the times. As an old fart I had the misfortune to drink this stuff in my youth. If anyone does have a recipe please keep it to yourself.

foxbat

Landlord.
Reaction score
The original Party 7 was before my time (thankfully by the sounds of it). Is it true that you had to whack a hole in it like you do with a cask except without the aid of a keystone and shive as a guide?

I can just imagine what happened when someone came in to a party with a warm, agitated and carbonated can and then whacked a screwdriver in below the beer line...

darrellm

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not fake news, the Watneys name has been bought up and is now being used again by a small craft brewery. Gawd know why they thought that was a good idea, it's an entirely different beer thankfully, but it'll put the fear of dread into any of us who remember the original. The new one is just a minikeg using the old Party 7 name.

nickjdavis

Reaction score
Wait till you hear about Hofmeister

The new Hofmeister beer is an excellent example of a Helles. Nothing like what those of us who used to "Follow the Bear" would remember.

Reactions: NPi

darrellm

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new Hofmeister beer is an excellent example of a Helles. Nothing like what those of us who used to "Follow the Bear" would remember.
My last encounter with it was circa 1984 when most of it ended up on the pavement outside the pub....one and only time I've actually been sick on "beer".

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score